About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects.Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com
and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
In this role, you will help establish Aurora’s payroll department by assisting in building and streamlining payroll processes, owning payroll accounting actions, ensuring
compliance with multi-state and international payroll laws, and working closely with Aurorans to answer payroll questions.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Reconcile payroll balance sheet accounts, prepare payroll journal entries and accruals
- Run payroll for a multi-state and international employee population; gather and enter data
- Ensure timely resolution to inbound tickets
- Work closely with the people operations team to ensure efficient process roll-out
- Manage payroll inbox and answer employee questions
- Assist in establishing payroll policies and procedures as well as document current standard operating procedures
- Assist in payroll special projects
What we value:
- Demonstrated history of owning payroll accounting
- Prior experience in an employee-facing payroll position
- Proficiency with multistate (US) payroll administration
- Experience using Workday
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Desire to constantly improve processes
- Ability to work independently and adapt in a fast-paced and changing environment
- International payroll experience (Canada) is a plus but not required
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.