Job Title: Program Manager
Reports to: VP of Operations
Location: Nashville, TN (On-site)
Start Date: March 1, 2023
AgriCapture is a mission-driven company that certifies Climate-Friendly practices on farms, ranchlands and grasslands and quantifies associated emissions reductions, enabling producers to generate revenue for their sustainable management practices. By certifying agricultural products as Climate-Friendly and developing carbon credits, we serve corporations who are reducing and offsetting their GHG emissions while empowering consumers to consciously select Climate-Friendly products. AgriCapture was recently awarded a $7.5 million grant from the USDA to build a market for Climate-Friendly commodities. We are seeking a Program Manager to own administration of our Climate-Friendly Program under the grant and perform key finance and accounting functions for our company as a whole.
As the Program Manager, you will be expected to have a sharp business mind and proven ability to strategize and implement high-level program initiatives. You should have a strong talent for project coordination and be motivated by a desire to optimize productivity and nurture program success from inception to completion. You will be responsible for a variety of financial tasks crucial to the success of AgriCapture. You will help identify areas for streamlining processes and achieving greater efficiencies while assisting in the smooth daily operations of our team. This will be a dynamic, fast-paced position providing a unique opportunity to be a part of a growing company that is poised to have a positive environmental impact.
Objectives of the Role
- Integrate project management, organizational change, and business analysis functions in support of overall company goals
- Be an instrumental part of strategizing, implementing, and maintaining company grant initiatives that adhere to AgriCapture’s overall objectives
- Organize and present financial data for structured reporting and decision-making; and execute financial processes for the AgriCapture team. This position collaborates with senior management on organizing data, completing financial reports, reviewing grants, performing financial analysis and projections, reconciling variances, and identifying and resolving any issues
- Take ownership of daily operations within the company through recurring maintenance tasks and special initiative projects related to operations, accounting, and other financial activities.
- Oversee the Climate-Friendly Certification Program and provide comprehensive updates to senior management by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points
- Lead day-to-day grant administrative functions for AgriCapture; administer complex grant agreements, amendments as needed, and budget revisions
- Establish and maintain grant administrative procedures and processes and advise senior management on grant requirements. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local rules, regulations, and other funding source requirements
- Develop and manage budgets for companywide projects and be accountable for delivering against established business goals and objectives
- Analyze project, grant, and financial data to confirm funds are properly controlled and accounted for; analyze trends, variances, and anomalies and recommend corrections when needed
- Perform accounting, bank processes and money handling, monitoring the financial data and recommending solutions to improve profitability
- Conduct month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes to verify all entries have been created and posted, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and cohesiveness of information
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years in an upper-management role, preferably in program management
- 4 or more years of business accounting experience
- Grant administration experience required; experience working with federal grants
- Exceptional verbal and written communication with demonstrated ability to communicate clearly across all levels of an organization
- Strong understanding of banking processes and financial data analysis
- Working knowledge of national and local tax regulations and compliance reporting
- Thorough understanding of accounting software platforms, including QuickBooks online
- Bachelor’s degree in Business-related field
- 100% of employee medical premiums company paid
- Employer HSA contribution
- Coverage for Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance
- Identity Theft and Prepaid Legal coverage options available
- Competitive Pay
- Time away: Flexible PTO and paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- Allowance for office equipment
- Monthly happy hours
- Weekly lunch catering
- Office snacks and drinks
AgriCapture is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. AgriCapture recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.