You will be part of a team deploying state-of-the-art AI solutions for the Zoox autonomous driving Perception stack. In this role you will be responsible for scaling up systems to train state-of-the-art models on PBs of multimodal data. Your work will have a broad impact on performance and maintainability of models deployed on-vehicle as well as large offline models built to be used for data mining and auto labeling. Think you have what it takes to build the best machine learning systems on this planet? Come join us!
- Develop and deploy scalable tools and services for our clients to handle machine learning training and inference
- Apply software engineering rigor and best practices to machine learning, including CI/CD, automation, Model Registry, etc
- Design the data pipelines and engineering infrastructure to support Zoox’s machine learning systems and data mining at scale
- Support model development, with an emphasis on auditability, versioning, and data traceability
- Facilitate the development and deployment of proof-of-concept machine learning systems
- Strong software engineering skills in complex, multi-language systems
- Fluency in Python
- Exposure to machine learning methodology and best practices
- 6+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Proficiency in SQL, Scala, and Spark
- Exposure to deep learning approaches and modeling frameworks (PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras, etc.)
- Exposure to ML deployment tools such as ONNX, TensorRT, torchscript etc.
- Experience in using popular MLOPs frameworks like MLFlow, Weight & Biases
- Exposure to data analytics frameworks such as databricks, tableau etc
- Experience on Perception and AVs systems
- Experience developing with containers and Kubernetes in cloud computing environments
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $170,000 - $280,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.Vaccine Mandate
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.