At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
The Operations department of Beyond Meat EU B.V. consists of Supply Chain, Production and Engineering & Maintenance, supported by the functions: Quality, EHS, Finance and HR. The SC Manager will lead and manage the Supply Chain team and has overall responsibility for delivery of agreed KPI’s relating to production volumes, quality, costs & safety. The SC Manager and his/her team will help establish a World Class Operations culture, lead continuous improvement projects, and assist the Site Management team in delivery of Business Unit goals. The Supply Chain Manager has an overall responsibility to ensure that the Enschede site delivers both the going business and new initiatives to our customers at the agreed level of service. The Supply Chain Manager is a member of the Beyond Meat EU Operations Team, reporting to the VP of Operations EU and has direct supervision over the SC staff (1 SC Analyst, 1 Demand Planner, 1 SC Planner, 1 Warehouse & Distribution Supervisor and 1 SC Coordinator). There is close cooperation with the Global SC team.
- Lead and develop the SC team
- Enable and manage effective logistics, planning, delivery and inventory control processes to maximize case fill rates and service delivery across internal and external manufacturing and warehouse sites
- Develop key partnerships with service providers for transport and logistics
- Champion S&OP (Sales Operations Planning), working to establish and improve the process.
- Develop and deliver improvement projects to positively impact COGS and working capital
- Collaborate with and support Purchasing Manager and the localization of raw materials supply
- Develop and improve ways of working with partners both internal and external
- Act as the interface for the Enschede plant, The New Plant Zoeterwoude, Vossko in Germany and New Product Development processes (formalize process between plant, R&D and customers, act as the first contact for customer(s)/R&D on feasibility).
- Own and report on SC KPIs
- Work with all departments to optimize incoterms, tariffs and duties for ingredients and finished goods; Act as point of reference for current localization status across portfolio
- Support and integration of best practice across wider organization (sales, customer service, R&D, QA, IT), working with stakeholders to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Delivery of Global SC programs across the site(s) and ensure savings being delivered as quickly as possible, minimize implementation costs, coordinate with R&D
- Works with the VP of Operations to stimulate, motivate and coach all Supply Chain team members regarding their performance; conduct regular 1:1 conversations with employees, eventually leading to 1 or 2 formal performance appraisals per employee
- Execute admin and formal tasks regarding employees: personnel planning, contact with temps agency, absence planning, absence follow-up
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.Please note that Beyond Meat has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. All U.S. employees who (a) physically enter a Beyond Meat facility in the United States, (b) represent Beyond Meat at work-related events, including but not limited to trade shows and product demonstrations, or (c) physically enter customer or potential customer sites in connection with their work for Beyond Meat must take all necessary steps to be Fully Vaccinated as a condition of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
- Academic or Higher Vocational education with Supply Chain orientation
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an international (Food) environment in a supervisory role
- Language communication efficiency in Dutch (native) and English (business fluent)
- Strategic and hands-on
- Both decisive and patient
- Capable of explaining “Supply Chain” in understandable way
- Ability to work in a fast pace, high-growth environment
- Lead people with clear communication, focused on achieving results and striving for continuous improvement by developing individuals, however with empathy, respectful and integrity
- Team player, Open, Flexible, Collegiate
- Systems: MS Office applications; ERP system experience (NetSuite is an advantage)