Do you care about our environment and love the ins and outs of recruiting? Come join us!
We’re looking for our very first Talent Acquisition hire to create, scale, and execute thoughtful and aggressive recruiting strategies to attract diverse, top talent who will help us to grow our company. This is a new role reporting into the VP of People at a fast-growing company, affording you the opportunity to build out and uplevel our strategy from the ground up. This position will be responsible for driving the full-cycle recruiting process, from sourcing to hiring to onboarding as well as reporting on key metrics and setting recruiting improvements goals. You will collaborate with hiring managers across the organization and understand what levers to pull to develop and improve our strategy. You will lead on promoting open positions, execute direct outreach to provide a robust talent pipeline, develop an employer branding strategy and provide an empathetic and warm experience for all candidates and new employees from application to their first days at the company and beyond.
This is a fully remote position available anywhere in the US with the option of coming into our Oakland, CA office as well as team events approximately 4 times a year.
Overall compensation (base salary + discretionary bonus or commission if sales) for this role will be provided commensurate with years of experience and qualifications within the following range: $110,000 - $160,000 plus health and wellness benefits.
- Create a roadmap and vision for recruiting at GreenBiz, and design and implement comprehensive recruiting strategies, with a strong emphasis on recruiting for diversity and equity and attracting high-performing talent
- Be the lead recruiter for all our current positions and create the systems that will enable us to scale our recruiting practices
- Develop and implement an employer branding strategy in collaboration with our VP of People and Culture and People and Culture Manager and the company as a whole
- Build out and report on recruiting goals and metrics from time to hire goals, candidate experience metrics, hiring quality, pipeline diversity and more, ensuring all stakeholders are kept in the loop and are aware of wins and opportunities
- Be an ambassador for our people and culture team and create a positive, fun and friendly first introduction to GreenBiz, manage a friendly onboarding process and collaborate effectively with managers and your People and Culture teammates
- Manage the nuts and bolts of the end-to-end, full-cycle recruiting (from aligning with hiring managers on the role and candidate criteria, sourcing, reviewing all resumes and job applications, conducting interviews and assessing applicants effectively)
- Examine the candidate or user’s journey and effectively experiment with new ideas to improve our candidate experience, metrics and make our recruiting process best-in-class
- Manage internal employee engagement efforts in collaboration with the team
- Help out where help is needed!
- 6+ years of increasing responsibility in full-cycle recruiting experience, preferably with some experience in a strong sales organization or at a high-growth organization
- Experience as a self-starter, scaling at a startup in the range of 50-150 people and experience hiring for VP and technical roles
- Deep empathy and understanding for candidates and hiring managers and the ability to create a caring and effective process for all
- Strong experience sourcing passive candidates using Linkedin Recruiter and other sourcing tools, tracking and reporting on sourcing data such as conversion rate of outreach, and quickly pivoting strategy and experimenting as needed
- Resilience, creative problem solving and high emotional intelligence. You are excited about your work, your engagement and passion is contagious and you find ways to positively overcome and support others through challenges. You are a champion of your work and others around you and are solutions focused.
- Strong decision-making and prioritization skills. You have the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities while maintaining strong cross-functional relationships and you can back up your strategy with data, effectively share rationale and adapt to change.
- Strong leadership skills. You are an adept networker, able to effectively gain buy-in, are approachable to hiring managers and candidates alike, and you inspire others to build rapport and connection.
- Experience experimenting with new strategies, iterating based on data and feedback, are comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to proactively seek out and appreciate automation and improvement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You have stellar active listening skills and experience creating the communication and task management structures and systems needed for effective project management of recruiting processes.
Are you excited about this position but not sure if you meet all the qualifications? We are working to build an inclusive team and research shows some applicants are less likely to apply if they don’t meet all the requirements. If you think you’re a great fit for this role, we strongly encourage you to apply! Tell us about your best work and we’d love to see if there’s a fit.
About GreenBiz Group
GreenBiz offers a remote culture that is collaborative, hardworking and fun. Our team is spread across the USA; however, we also have a small office located in the heart of downtown Oakland, California. Please include a cover letter and resume when applying and familiarize yourself with our website at www.greenbiz.com.
We offer a competitive employee benefits package including:
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Retirement savings options
- Generous holiday schedule
- Discretionary paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Two paid volunteer days per year
- Reimbursement for home office expenses
- Employee stock option plan
GreenBiz Group requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for all roles. GreenBiz Group provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements unless it results in undue hardship for the business. Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
GreenBiz Group values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. GreenBiz Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.