Team Charter :
NIO’s Smart Hardware Engineering department is responsible for developing advanced technologies and delivering highly available, high-quality systems to enable NIO’s Autonomous driving vehicles. Our mission is to provide the next generation hardware, software, and algorithmic solutions. This includes, but is not limited to sensing, compute, storage, as well as vehicle controls and safety system compute.
- Define large, complex programs, drive engineering teams to plan, develop and ship products
- Design, development, integration, and test of autonomous compute and sensing, digital cockpit, and digital systems hardware
- Align senior leadership and key stakeholders around program roadmap
- Manage cross-functional teams and programs
- Prioritize projects based on impact to NIO and users with data driven approaches
- Unblock teams and enable them to stay focused on top priorities
- Provide reliable project management during all project phases
- Manage dependencies between teams and components
- Ownership of measuring program success
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 years of program management experience
- Passion for overseeing scheduling and production of autonomous systems vehicles
- Professional experience breaking down large, complex projects into multiple workstreams with clear definitions of inter-dependency, priorities, milestones, and resource allocation
- Strong demonstrated capability in driving on-time, end-to-end delivery of complex programs, including thorough planning, sprint management, sorting out dependencies, identifying potential risks, and assisting team in removing blockers, etc.
- Create project plan and schedule, lead milestone reviews
- Track key HW/FW bugs and blocker issues (manage JIRA dashboards, track ticket velocities)
- Highlight risks and compile ideas for mitigation
- Experience establishing strong partnerships across multi-disciplinary teams and demonstrated critical thinking
- Strong “CAN-DO” attitude, and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing resources and shifting priorities
- Data-driven strategic thinker who is capable of conveying ideas through detailed specs
- Outstanding communicator both technical and program, verbal & written
- Self-starter with high degree of self-direction and independent drive
- Experience in electrical sub-systems or products comprising of mechanical enclosures, PCBA’s, and software
- Solid understanding of product development lifecycles
- Experience leading technical programs from conception to production launch
- Experience working with overseas teams and manufacturing teams
About NIO NIO Inc. is a pioneer in China’s premium smart electric vehicle market. Founded in November 2014, NIO’s mission is to shape a joyful lifestyle. NIO aims to build a community starting with smart electric vehicles to share joy and grow together with users. NIO designs, jointly manufactures, and sells smart premium electric vehicles, driving innovations in next-generation technologies in connectivity, autonomous driving, and artificial intelligence. Redefining the user experience, NIO provides users with comprehensive and convenient power solutions, innovative Battery as a Service (BaaS) program, and other user-centric services. NIO began deliveries of the ES8, a 7-seater flagship premium electric SUV, in China in June 2018, and its variant, the 6-seater ES8, in March 2019. NIO officially launched the ES6, a 5-seater high-performance premium electric SUV, in December 2018 and began deliveries of the ES6 in June 2019. NIO officially launched the EC6, a 5-seater premium electric coupe SUV, in December 2019 and began deliveries of the EC6 in September 2020.Equal Employment Opportunity
- The US hourly range for this temporary position is $40 - $60 per hour.
- Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
NIO is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law. NIO US is an E-Verify employer.