Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
The Product Development team is responsible for the design, build, and test of our large-scale, commercialized CO2 conversion system for high volume production, and mass deployment for global impact.
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer who will be responsible for developing the mechanical design of the productized CO2 conversion system that will be standardized, scalable, and easily deployable. As part of the Product Development team, you will partner with the tech development, manufacturing, quality, capital projects, and procurement teams to develop the mechanical design from concept to prototype builds to production and deployment.
What you will do
- Define mechanical specifications and requirements of pressurized gas systems that includes valves, piping, and pressure vessels under the supervision of the mechanical design engineering lead
- Develop CAD models and engineering drawings for high volume manufacturing
- Collaborate with process engineers and controls engineers to develop instrumentation
- Partner with production, vendors, and quality to manufacture and/or procure hardware and ensure the hardware meets the quality assurance and engineering specifications
- Create standard operating procedures for mechanical design processes
Who you are
- You have a degree in mechanical engineering with 2-5 years of experience
- You have hands-on experience designing and building hardware for power plants, pressurized gas systems, or complex mechanical systems
- You have experience designing complex assemblies and building out a BOM for manufacturability
- You can demonstrate:
- Ability to create and read Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Experience designing and building pressurized gas systems (valves, piping, flow, temperature, and pressure control, etc.)
- Ability to create 3D models and drawings in Solidworks, AutoCAD Plant 3D, and/or Aveva
- 2-5 years of experience designing and manufacturing with knowledge of GD&T
- Strong desire and curiosity to learn new things
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, ambiguous, collaborative, and hands-on environment
- Excellent communication (written, spoken) at all levels of the enterprise
- Ability to travel as needed
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
At Twelve, it's important each employee is compensated competitively and fairly. In alignment with state legal requirements, Twelve conducts exhaustive research to understand compensation markets. A range for the included position is listed below. Be advised, actual offer details are determined by job category, job location, and candidate skill level.
Wage Range: $95,000 - $147,250
Please note that some pay bands may have wide ranges of compensation to accommodate candidate's diverse sets of skill levels.
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.