About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com
and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager with AI/Machine Learning experience to guide, develop, and grow the members of our Computer Vision Engineering team, and together with the team, set and execute the strategy for AI at Aurora. This role is remote from the United States or Canada.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Recruit, build, guide, and unblock a distributed engineering team
- Help establish a creative and innovative research environment
- Invest in coaching, mentoring, and customized growth plans for each person reporting to you
- Monitor and improve development processes to drive productivity and happiness
- Partner cross-functionally with Product, Design, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success to drive customer-centric engineering
What we value:
- Thoughtful, humble, and mature people-centric engineering leader who subscribes to the tenets of servant leadership
- 4+ years of engineering management experience, including experience in data science, machine learning, or research and development
- Methodical and process-oriented
- Thrives in a sustainably-paced, high-growth, team-focused environment
- Passionate about building, retaining, and developing distributed teams
- Outstanding communication skills and a natural inclination to work with others
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.