We are looking for a highly-analytical, hard-working, and detail-oriented individual who is excited by the opportunity to work as a member of the firm’s Capital Market’s team with external capital partners on the sourcing, structuring, modeling, and executing transactions. This is primarily a deal-focused role; the person will be vital to the successful planning and execution of Generate’s capital markets strategy. They will be closely involved in corporate and portfolio-level capital raises, the optimization of the company’s capital stack and cost of capital, and interfacing with current and prospective investors, banks, and other capital providers. This role will also work across all capital markets functions, offering the individual exposure to a diversity of transaction types, asset classes, sustainable infrastructure markets, and corporate roles with rotational opportunities across capital markets as a great way to broaden experience. No one day will be the same.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as an Analyst – Capital Markets:
- Work as part of a small but growing team responsible for capital formation analysis, planning, strategy and execution
- Support capital formation activities at the corporate, HoldCo, SPV, and portfolio level, including raising equity, term loans / bonds, credit facilities, managed funds, and other types of capital facilities
- Prepare materials presented to investors, lenders, banks, advisors, rating agencies and other external constituents for specific due diligence and ongoing reporting processes
- Build sophisticated financial models in support of capital formation priorities
- Lead / support due diligence processes to help financing counterparties understand Generate’s business and assets
- Contribute to M&A and valuation analyses and processes
- Build, expand and maintain relationships with different types of existing and prospective capital partners including equity, debt and tax equity investors, investment banks, and other market participants
- Prepare analysis and materials presented internally pertaining to capital formation activity and planning, in addition to investor, management and board-level presentations
- Contribute to corporate financial model, ensuring it reflects the most up-to-date financing plans at the project, SPV, and corporate level
- Partner cross-functionally with our investment, FP&A, and asset management teams to drive strategy and optimize tactics as it relates to capital markets
- Support prospective and current investor-facing activity and events
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the Company’s internal reporting software platform and be able to efficiently generate needed data requests and reporting
- Keep up with relevant industry trends and information through research reports and issuer pricing releases
- Monitor financial markets and assess their impact on the business and strategy
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission
- 2-3 years of relevant industry experience with a strong preference for work in investment banking, management consulting, or private equity investing
- 2-3 years of rigorous financial modelling experience and a strong understanding of GAAP accounting and financial statements
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint. Proficiency with SalesForce or similar relationship management software platform a plus
- Bachelor’s degree with high academic achievement
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”
Generate’s compensation packages are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Salary decisions take into account a wide variety of factors including, but not limited to: skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, geographic location, and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is $110,000-$150,000. In addition, the compensation package may include a discretionary bonus and other benefits, including health care benefits, retirement benefits, benefits permitting paid days off (including sick leave, parental leave, and paid time off or vacation benefits), and other benefits that must be reported for federal tax purposes. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at the top of this range.
Generate Capital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.