Who We Are
Synop was founded in 2021 and has quickly become one of the leading commercial electric fleet management companies. Backed by world-class investors like Obvious Ventures, WireFrame and Congruent Ventures, we’re tackling the growing climate crisis head on by helping commercial fleets scale their EV’s.
Join one of our teams:
Charging Services Team is accelerating the process of commercial fleet electrification by creating a foundational and highly user-friendly platform to programmatically interact with chargers. We are integrating with dozens of charger brands and providing a unified set of services for monitoring and remotely controlling chargers, and providing smart charging services. We build APIs that power Synop web and mobile products, as well as other internal services like energy management; and we also expose our APIs as a standalone product to customers. This makes it imperative that our APIs are robust, performant, and extremely user friendly. If you like taking chaos and creating a sense of order, you’ve found the right place.
Energy Management Team is accelerating the process of commercial fleet electrification by building tools that intelligently manage how customers dispense energy and interact with the electrical grid. We are building and scaling the machine learning infrastructure that saves commercial EV fleets money on utility costs, maintains vehicle battery performance, and contributes back to the grid that powers our everyday lives.
What You’ll Do
You will work at the intersection of electric vehicles, chargers, and advanced cloud computing to design and build the solutions that will power the future of commercial electric vehicles. This means:
- Designing, developing, testing and deploying APIs and backend services to enhance charger functionality
- Synthesizing customer needs, turning product requirements into an implementation plan, and executing on that plan
- Designing and defining architecture for our API-first products
- Communicating across the team to help identify dependencies, remove blockers, and improve processes for better and faster delivery
- Writing user documentation and tutorials to help create a highly usable API product
- You have 3+ years of back-end or full-stack development experience, including experience with Java
- You have experience and are comfortable leading large projects from design through implementation
- You have a desire to continuously improve our processes and find creative solutions to operational challenges
- You have excellent documentation and written communication skills
- Frontend experience (ideally React & Typescript), with a desire to work full-stack
- BS or Masters in Computer Science or similar field
- Experience with IoT and/or embedded systems
- Experience in Clean Tech or Energy Industries
- Experience working with remote teams
At Synop, we consider a range of factors when determining compensation including your skills, qualifications, and experience. We expect the base salary for this role to be in the range of $150,000 to $250,000. Total compensation will be comprised of both salary and equity components.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Unlimited PTO
- Regularly scheduled holidays
- $100 per month toward gym, yoga studio, or fitness pursuit of choice
- Paid travel for company-wide gatherings multiple times per year