Are you ready to fight climate change? We just raised a $30 million Series B from Coatue (early backer of Apple, Tesla, and Rivian) and actor Robert Downey Jr (aka Iron Man). Did you know buildings contribute to over 40% of the global carbon emissions? Our web-based SaaS toolset, helps design teams rapidly decarbonate the building design process by automating energy, daylight, glare, cost, and more with machine learning. Last year we offset enough carbon to save 171,000 lives and 5x more carbon than Tesla. Join our fast-growing team to help save the planet!
We hire exceptional people who enjoy pushing themselves to stop climate change. Surrounding ourselves with people driven to do things the right way and act with integrity. Scientific accuracy and truthfulness is at our core. We don’t take shortcuts or hack things together. Is this you? If so, we're glad you're here and we look forward to doing amazing things together. Let's do this!
- Provide mechanical systems design and simulation thought leadership to development team
- Manage development of new features for load and energy modeling software.
- Foster relationships with leading mechanical engineering firms across the world to help them utilize cloud base solutions for their design.
- Demonstrate new features to engineers and explain the science behind them.
- Create and deliver training material for internal and external teams on using advanced software to deliver mechanical design projects.
- Collaborate with software engineers to define, test, and deliver new features and functions
- Energy model various building types in varying energy codes across the world using engineering best practices.
Required Skills - Apply if you meet 11 out of 16 of the items on the list.
- Be able to work in Atlanta twice per week on Tuesdays & Thursdays in person at the office.
- 5+ years post-graduation engineering and energy modeling experience, including 2+ years working with energy modeling and simulation
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of at least one full building simulation tool such as IES:VE, DesignBuilder, OpenStudio/EnergyPlus, or TRACE700/3D+.
- Experience with Revit to produce mechanical drawings, schematics, and schedules.
- Experience in building systems engineering, energy modeling, and sustainable design
- Strong interpersonal skills with the propensity to successfully foster new and maintain long-standing business relationships. Translation, like talking with and build trust with people.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and delegate responsibilities in an effective and efficient manner. Use your brain to plan things!
- Outstanding integrity, solid moral judgment, and the ability to make important decisions under pressure. Keep calm and be a cool person.
- First principles analytical thinker and decision-maker
- Experience delivering projects as an individual contributor and team lead
- Mechanical system design and sizing experience required
- Experience producing mechanical deliverables including Basis of Design reports, floor plans, single line diagrams, schedules, and specifications
- FE/EIT required. LEED accreditation and PE preferred
- Familiarity with various ASHRAE and international standards (90.1, 62.1, 55, 189.1, and others) preferred
What’s In It for You:
- 100% Employer Paid Health insurance
- Vision and Dental benefits
- Employer-paid public transit pass and biking stipend
- Competitive Pay
- Work-Life Balance
- Onsite Gym membership
- Hybrid Work
- Paid time off and holidays
- Snacks, beer, team events
Cove.tool is proud to recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or transgender status), age, or disability.