Founded by experienced renewable energy technologists and backed by committed mission-driven investors, Electric Hydrogen is building solutions to help cost-effectively ...View Company Profile
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to create an abundant and decarbonized material future. Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
• Multiphysics simulations of various types of two-phase flow electrochemical processes
• Develop and refine mathematical models to examine multi-scale multi-physics transport and degradation phenomena within electrochemical cells
• Detailed engineering design based on computational models
• Verification/validation of computational and theoretical models with experimental data
• Analyze data generated by test stands and prototypes at Electric Hydrogen
• BS required (Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Applied Mathematics or other science and engineering discipline)
• 2+ years in industrial R&D in (electro)chemical modelling or equivalent non-industrial experience
• Competency in simulation packages such as COMSOL, OpenFoam
• Competency in data analysis using high level languages such as Python or MATLAB
• MS or PhD
• Self-sufficient to identify problems and seek solutions
• Self-motivated to start new initiatives
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Electric Hydrogen has two compensation zones (the San Carlos, CA Zone and the Natick, MA Zone). All employees are assigned to a compensation zone depending on their work location. Remote employees will be assigned a compensation zone once their work location is determined. This can be discussed with your recruiter.
[Natick, MA Zone] Electrochemical Cell Modeling Engineer (P3): $101,000 - $134,000 per year
[San Carlos, CA Zone] Electrochemical Cell Modeling Engineer (P3): $119,000 - $159,000 pear year
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!