Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We are looking for an exceptional construction leader to own the planning and construction execution of our first-in-kind battery factory and beyond. This is an exciting opportunity to start from a blank slate and build large state of the art battery manufacturing factories at record speed.
This opportunity is based out of the Greater Pittsburgh Area.
What You'll Do:
- Build and lead the construction management organization responsible for planning, scoping, contracting and driving the execution of our battery factory construction, including building core and shell, site work, utilities, commissioning, manufacturing equipment tool install and utility tie-ins.
- Safety first. Responsible for construction site safety.
- Set the priorities, core principles, procedures and culture of high performance for the construction organization.
- Full ownership of the construction schedule, budgeting, sequencing, and reporting.. Drive to a record speed and efficient execution through fundamental understanding and simplification of scope, challenging requirements and effective contracting strategies.
- Extensive cross functional planning and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders (manufacturing, operations…) to secure the well coordinated project success.
- Build strong partnerships with our trade partners and permitting authorities.
- Drive the engineering teams’ sequence, priorities and design for constructability to enable the most efficient construction execution.
- Own defining scope of work, bidding, award, execution, project close out and punch lists.
- Remove blockers and set the culture for our contractors. Hold them to the highest standards.
- Set the process for construction documentation, RFIs, change orders and invoicing.
What You'll Bring:
- 10+ years of experience in engineering or construction management, delivering on industrial, manufacturing or complex commercial projects.
- Fundamental understanding of industrial construction engineering, scoping, planning, contracting, sequencing, reporting, budgeting and execution.
- Exceptional commitment, work ethic and urgency.
- Passion for building large scale manufacturing infrastructure.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, leadership, interpersonal and decision-making abilities.
- Experience managing conflicting objectives and compressed timelines within complex industrial project execution.
- Degree in engineering, construction management or or equivalent.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.