Backend Engineer Team: Sustainability InsightsLocation:
United States (or similar timezone) Who We Are
We are a climate tech company committed to reversing climate change. How do we reach this lofty goal? By disrupting the agriculture industry!
Founded by globally-recognized innovators in science and ag technology, Regrow is unlocking the power and profitability of resilient agriculture across the supply chain — from growers to global food brands. Regrow combines best-in-class agronomy, soil and carbon modeling, and innovative data collection to deliver customized, site-specific and scalable solutions to the agri-food industry.
Our customers are frontrunners in agri-food and agtech, ranging from global market operators, project developers, global food brands, and independent farmers. We help partners measure their impact on the environment, model and implement changes that will be environmentally and financially sustainable, and track partners’ progress against sustainability goals.
We're backed by leading investors, such as Microsoft's Venture Fund, Cargill, The Grantham Environmental Trust (NCO), AJAX Strategies, and more, all of whom believe in our vision to change the world through resilient agriculture.Our Mission
Agriculture has the power to reverse climate change. We believe science and technology can help us get there. Our goal is to use farmland to cool the earth. We are currently monitoring 200 million acres of land in over 45 countries. This year alone, with just one project, our carbon emissions reductions are equivalent to taking 17,000 cars off the road! We are already on our way to a more sustainable planet.Growth You’ll Foster
As a Backend Engineer on our SI team at Regrow, you will code and design the platform to power the future of food. Using your expertise in coding, you’ll build scalable services and software to tackle climate change and food security. Apart from your technical abilities, your experience and seniority will allow you to help the MRV team organize, plan and execute all its goals. create the data products behind our agricultural monitoring, reporting, and verification tools. Using your expertise in imagery analysis and machine learning, you will build tools Regrow uses to identify regenerative agricultural practices globally, allowing growers and the companies that depend on them to build more sustainable supply chains.
What you will do
- Collaborate with product managers, backend engineers, and data science engineers to spec, build, test and deploy code in Regrow's largest and fastest-growing technology team
- Brainstorm features with product managers and domain experts based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Be responsible for developing new areas of the product, with an eye towards long-term sustainability.
- You’ll expertly review code, have your code reviewed, and mentor other engineers
- 3+ years of experience building and deploying high-quality production services primarily in Python
- Proven experience creating and deploying REST APIs with Python Web Frameworks such as FastAPI, Flask, Django, etc.
- You are good with data. Considerable commercial experience with relational databases i.e MySQL, Postgres, etc, or a document database like MongoDB.
- Experience deploying apps/services on at least one major enterprise cloud platform (AWS, GCP, or Azure).
- You are comfortable with the nuts and bolts of systems programming in the Linux environment (shell/bash scripting)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Excellent English language presentation and communication skills
Desirable Skills: (bonus if you have them)
Envision Yourself Here
- Ability to apply standard software development processes and clearly document results.
- Familiarity with Google Earth Engine or other cloud-based satellite imagery analysis environment
Does this sound like your dream job? If so, go ahead and apply for the position and we’ll be in touch. We appreciate your interest in Regrow.
While it may go without saying once you see the diversity on our current team, we encourage diversity on our team at all levels of the company. We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in everyone on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion for people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.