One Tree Planted is looking to hire an Event Relationship Coordinator to join our fast-paced Event Team. You’ll be the primary point of contact for handling all incoming employee/community engagement event requests and inquiries from business partners. You’ll work closely with our Event Coordinators to develop in-depth knowledge of our event opportunities and planting partners across diverse geographic regions.
One Tree Planted is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit focused on global reforestation. As an environmental charity, we are dedicated to making it easier for individuals and businesses to give back to the environment, create a healthier climate, protect biodiversity, and help reforestation efforts around the world. All by planting trees!
A versatile position at a nonprofit that wants to make it simple for anyone to help the environment by planting trees. Together we can restore forests, create habitat for biodiversity, and make a positive social impact around the world.
- Reports to our Events Manager: Global
Business Partner Engagement: 75%
- Respond to all incoming volunteer event enquiries and requests that come in via email, via the website, and via other departments, such as Fundraising and Customer Service.
- Conduct Zoom calls with business partners to understand their event priorities and share information about our tree planting and restoration event opportunities as well as planning logistics.
- Collaborate with Event Coordinators to craft custom experiences for each business partner. Introduce Business Partner to Event Coordinator and remain engaged in event development as needed to support the relationship.
- Manage general pre-event inquiries from event volunteers.
- Develop a strong understanding of One Tree Planted’s employee engagement event opportunities and community initiatives in order to confidently share these details with potential business partners. Learn about the different tree planting seasons around the world and the difference between planting and restoration activities, sharing the benefits of both activities with partners.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and work to establish a positive rapport with every enquiry.
- Cultivate strong relationships with new and recurring business partners and individuals, focusing on trust, transparency and communication.
- Log calls and emails in Salesforce CRM to track progress of conversations, and follow up with partners in a timely manner. Enter event requests in Airtable.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and event initiatives as needed.
Provide support for improving processes and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the team and manage organizational risks.
Planting Program Management (25%)
- Act as the primary point of contact to business partners for the delivery of all planting programs (5+ employee engagement events).
- Work closely with the geographically-assigned event coordinators to move event planning forward.
- Keep track of all moving pieces of a program with the relevant coordinators, including overseeing agreements and payments.
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and 2 years of relevant work experience, customer-service or event/ hospitality experience preferred
This is a remote-based position and applications will be considered from all geographic areas in North America
- Willingness to work flexible hours to collaborate with colleagues in Eastern Standard Time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, with other languages an asset
- Comfortable speaking with several different business partners per day on Zoom
Friendly and professional demeanor when interacting with a variety of stakeholders
- Proficient with Google Suite, and knowledgeable of platforms such as Salesforce, Airtable, ClickUp, Zoom, and Canva is a plus
- Flexible under pressure and in a fast-paced work environment. Ability to work independently in a remote office setting while contributing as part of a team balancing multiple priorities.
- Collegial personality and team player
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
COMPENSATION: Typical starting range is $55,000 USD which will be based on skills and experience. Annual performance increase may be available but not guaranteed.
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive PTO Plan
- Health and Wellness plans for U.S. Staff
- Yearly bonus
- Retirement plans with competitive employer contribution
- Travel opportunities, international and domestic
- A tailored cover letter, indicating your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit with the organization
- Your resume / CV
One Tree Planted is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.