One Tree Planted is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit focused on global reforestation. As an environmental charity, we are dedicated to making it easier for individuals and businesses to give back to the environment, create a healthier climate, protect biodiversity, and help reforestation efforts around the world. All by planting trees!
The ideal start date for this position is Immediately
A versatile position at a nonprofit that wants to make it simple for anyone to help the environment by planting trees. Together we can restore forests, create habitat for biodiversity, and make a positive social impact around the world. West Coast United States Project Manager is responsible for identifying and vetting project partners and tree planting projects in specific states: Arizona, Colorado, California, Oregon, Washington, Illinois, Texas, Georgia, Utah, Ohio.
- Reports to our Director of Projects
Oversees the planting project partner relationship, monitors progress, works creatively to find solutions to problems and challenges and ensures that quality planting projects are completed. Responsible for partner contracts, supports generation of reports. Assists donor leads and participates in calls with businesses and other partners as needed.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT: 65%
Responsible for the creation, organization, execution and completion of reforestation projects in West Coast United States.
Identification of projects: Beginning of every planting season with new and existing planting partners.
- Review project proposal submissions through AirTable for specific regions internally with the Projects Team
- Identify and manage potential risks and liabilities of projects
- Negotiate project budgets with planting partners
- Assess partners’ current maintenance and monitoring practices internally
- Spearhead initial and follow-up questions with planting partners via direct phone calls and/or Zoom meetings
- Consistently seek out new partnerships for expansion with organized phone calls, Zoom meetings, and email communication
Contracts: Setting targets for milestones; adhering to deadlines and allocating resources.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and goals; with planting partners agree on the number and species of trees, breakdown of budget, geographic location, and finalize time frame of project
- Set deadlines for the payment schedule based on planting season schedule and on the basis of donation source
- Draft agreements in Microsoft Word with planting partner
- Upload finalized executable agreement in Panda Docs for signature and assure the signing by all parties
- File finalized agreements on all required platforms (e.g., AirTable, Trello, Zoho CRM, Google Drive)
- Update partner databases
Budgets/Payment processes: Ensure timely payments to planting partners
- Monitor project budgets and review expenditure reports of each project
- Acquire banking information and advice accounts payable of funds to be sent on schedule
Active projects: Monitor progress and perform quality control on the tree planting project throughout development to maintain the standards expected.
- Update required information in in Airtable and CRM - internal/external (e.g.,, project description, number of trees, cost per tree, biodiversity benefits, community benefits, hectares restored)
- Adjust schedules and targets of the project as needed
Reporting and documentation: Assess updates and end of project reports submitted by the partner.
- Motivate people involved in the project to complete tasks on time
- Share information internally for marketing requests and donor update emails to keep stakeholders informed
CORPORATE/INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT: 15%
- Serve as a point of contact for any inquiries for the West Coast Region USA.
- Communicate with projects team to keep large partnerships aligned with One Tree Planted goals and assist with other regions when needed (e.g., Nestle, Mastercard, Interplex, World Economic Forum)
- Seek out new projects when required by corporate donors
SPECIAL PARTNERSHIPS MANAGEMENT: 20%
- Manage nursery partnerships, setting up nursery workshops, fielding calls from foresters and landowners, monitoring airtable bases for nursery partnerships.
- Manage Mobile Seed Banking Program- coordinating lease agreements, event inquiry forms and follow up forms.
Manage all other special partnerships related to scaling and growing the West Coast of the USA.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Driver’s License Required
- Ability to work remotely and manage a flexible schedule with frequent international calls
- Excited to speak to lots of different people every day, from Fortune 500 companies to small community groups
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Proficient with Google Suite and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of platforms such as Airtable, Salesforce or other CRMs is an asset
- Self-motivated and highly organized, with strong attention to detail
- Collegial personality, enthusiastic and a team player
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and creatively address challenges
- Travel: Up to 25%, weekend travel may be required
- Ideal Location: Los Angeles / San Francisco / San Diego - but open to anywhere in California
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
COMPENSATION: typical starting range is $60,000-65,000 USD which will be based on skills and experience. Annual performance increase may be available but not guaranteed.
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive PTO Plan
- Health and Wellness plans for U.S. Staff
- Yearly bonus
- Retirement plans with competitive employer contribution
- Travel opportunities, international and domestic
- Cover letter indicating your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit with the organization.
One Tree Planted is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.