Project Canary is the leading provider of on-demand climate insights for emission-intensive companies. Our company provides operational insights, emissions data, and Verified Climate Attributes™ to decarbonize energy systems by integrating sensor data with real-time portal and in-depth data analytics. We are the leaders of independently verified climate credentials that support investment, safety, reporting, and disclosure actions.
Initially, we are focused on the energy industry. With thousands of energy assets analyzed and hundreds of environmental and air quality sensors currently deployed, Project Canary is positioned better than anyone to provide empirical emissions data—and we have the ARR and growing pains to prove it.
Founded in 2019, Project Canary, PBC has quickly gained recognition as a category leader in the continuous monitoring space. Through a mission driven approach Project Canary uses dynamic means for cross team collaboration to achieve our very best for our planet and people alike. Here are some highlights from last year:
- Series A of $10M in 2021
- Series B of $111M in 2022
- Certified as a B-Corporation with a score of 107.6 & ranked in the top 5% in 2 categories
- 2022 Best Company to Work For by both the Denver Business Journal and the Denver Post
- Headcount growth by 3X in 2022 and growing
Project Canary’s success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of everyone. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a growth-stage environment, mission-driven work and are eager to collaborate, we want to hear from you.
The Customer Marketing Manager will focus on leading and executing customer events strategy in conjunction with the Sales team. They will impact Marketing programs and projects to accelerate pipeline and revenue growth with the Sales team. This role will manage execution of the customer marketing program in the US & Canada for Project Canary by: identifying new marketing opportunities, VOC opportunities, and maintaining a close relationship with the Customer Success team.
- Research and vet new/recurring events, maximizing sponsorship opportunities and raising awareness about our brand while contributing MQLs & SQLs, and managing trade show elements
- Develop work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports
- Track and manage event performance, identify opportunities for improvement as needed
- Support customer experience vision from Commercial Leaders and CS Team.
- Collaborate with Sales and MarCom to create impactful messaging and communication strategy pre, during, and post-event
- Plan, manage, and execute webinars; work with sales ops to monitor performance and ROI of webinars; create content for pre-, during, and post-event
- Work with Commercial Team leadership to identify key customers that can act as a marketing channel through case studies, speaking opportunities, co-marketing
- Manage execution of customer communications program including emails and collateral
- Manage a library of up-to-date customer success stories/short-form case studies
- Manage biannual customer satisfaction surveys to drive change throughout the organization
- Work with MarCom leadership ensure the feedback from our customers is documented and included in the product marketing strategy
- Serve as the point of contact for Pardot integration
- Collaborate with comms, sales, and product teams on content requests and manage output from draft to design
- Work with MarCom leadership to identify Aeris integration needs including web, social, and communications alignment
- Manage project plans and executions of key deliverables
Education and experience:
- Bachelors degree in Marketing and/or Communications, or comparable field
- 3-6 years of marketing experience, including messaging, content development, and digital
- Experience managing corporate participation in large scale industry or technology events
- Experience managing by influence
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Knowledge of digital marketing tools
- Experience promoting programs through various marketing channels (email, social, paid, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Impeccable organization skills with attention for detail
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Pardot/Salesforce knowledge is preferred but not required
- Adobe, Canva, WordPress knowledge is preferred but not required
- Salary range: $85,000-$115,000 annual base
- Full coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance (low deductibles)
- 401K company match (no vesting period)
- Stock options
- Student loan assistance
- Unlimited PTO (minimum rule of taking at least 3 weeks off in a year)
- 10 paid Federal Holidays
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave (gender neutral) including adoptions
- Flex Choice monthly stipend – choice between parking/public transportation, wellness assistance, or a combo
- Hybrid work environment
- Dog friendly office
Project Canary provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.