AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence, robotics, and infrastructure for the waste and recycling industry. We are working to reimagine recycling by applying AI and automation to increase recycling rates, economically recover recyclables for the global supply chain, and enable a world without waste. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is seeking to hire a Corporate Counsel who will serve as the company’s second in-house attorney responsible for supporting the broad legal needs of a growing organization. The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Legal and must be a resourceful self-starter with excellent judgment, a keen eye for detail, and a strong sense of team and mission.
As Corporate Counsel, your job duties and responsibilities will include some or all of the following, which you must be able to perform unassisted or with reasonable accommodation.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage with cross-functional stakeholders to understand business / strategic contracting needs.
- Draft, review, negotiate, and provide guidance with respect to a wide variety of domestic and international commercial contracts, including those governing the sale of hardware, software, and services; the procurement of myriad goods and services; trade in raw and recyclable materials; and special projects.
- Develop contract templates, playbooks, tool kits, and other contracting guidelines, training materials, and FAQs.
Compliance / Legal Department Operations
- Support design, implementation, and continuous improvement of legal and compliance policies and processes (including those for data privacy and information security) while monitoring compliance with the same.
- Assist with judicious use and management of AMP’s external counsel as well as the company’s contract lifecycle, e-billing, and cap table/equity platforms.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to identify and navigate commercial, corporate, and compliance issues, execute on company priorities, and drive efficiencies internally and externally.
Help scale AMP Legal, and represent AMP Robotics, with Optimism, Urgency, Resourcefulness, Determination, and Sincerity (https://www.amprobotics.com/purpose-mission-values).
- Assist with mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, litigation / disputes, insurance, and employment matters as needed.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance, in office or remote (subject to manager approval), which is an essential function of the job.
The successful candidate will have:
Required:Juris Doctor and applicable Colorado bar admission.
Preferred:Juris Doctor from top-tier law school and applicable Colorado bar admission.
5+ years of relevant legal experience gained through work at a top-tier law firm or in a corporate legal department (preferably both).
- Adept at issue spotting, pragmatic problem solving, and contextualized risk management.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, including ability to effectively engage a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders with respect, courtesy, and tact; ability to explain complex matters in plain language.
- High degree of professionalism and integrity; meticulous attention to detail; strong planning/prioritization, organizational, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and recognize when to seek guidance; comfort collaborating; and receptivity to differing perspectives.
- Eager to manage a variety of tasks across a broad range of substantive areas; able to learn new areas and master new systems quickly.
- Capacity for managing shifting priorities in a fast-paced / deadline-driven environment.
- Drive for results; sense of ownership and accountability; desire to make a difference.
8+ years of relevant legal experience gained through work at a top-tier law firm or in a corporate legal department (preferably both).
- Previous experience in the waste and recycling industry.
- Previous experience scaling or supporting the scaling of a tech startup.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working at a computer.
- Position is full-time (40 hours per week) although workload may require more than regular work hours to perform essential duties of the position; may require irregular hours.
Primary Working Location(s):
- AMP’s Louisville, Colorado HQ
AMP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants who identify with a historically underrepresented group are encouraged to apply.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee hired for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary & Compensation Information:
- Salary: $150,000 - $180,000
- Equity Grant: The candidate selected for this role will be recommended for a stock option grant commensurate with the position and the candidate’s qualifications.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short & Long Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Eight (8) company paid holidays