Think Smart Electric Vehicles and Modern Mobility are super cool? Get a kick out of driving strategy and execution for scaled impact? Want to participate in building out a meaningful business from the ground up? Then this opportunity might be for you:The Business & Corporate Development Team at NIO USA is responsible for the strategy, planning and execution of NIO’s Go-To-Market for the Americas. This is a strategic corporate initiative sponsored by the CEO and comes with high visibility and tall expectations! NIO's Go-To-Market approach has an intense focus on the user experience –on car and beyond the car. Flexibility is the new premium, and flexibility in auto financing options for our users is an important priority.
As the Head of Strategic Finance, you will be responsible for the “definition-to-operationalization” of auto financing products, systems, and partnerships. The products must provide an outstanding joyful experience for NIO users, in complete alignment with NIOs business model and goals.
This position reports to the Chief Business Officer, U.S. at our San Jose, CA office.
- Define and formalize the requirements for appropriate auto financing products to support NIO’s business model and user satisfaction goals.
- Develop financing products from concept to completion, leading, as needed, partner evaluations, selections, and engagements to deliver on the essence of the target user experience and user satisfaction.
- Develop the operational plan for the financial products, including processes, systems, and internal and external capabilities, to smoothly integrate financing workflows into the broader sales operation workflows.
- Responsible for the successful piloting and commissioning of the financial products in alignment with the business model and go-to-market schedule.
- For all assigned responsibilities, expected to own the outcome: evangelize, lead, collaborate, motivate, persuade internally and externally, and deliver exceptional outcomes backed by world-class work product.
- 10+ years of experience in automotive finance operations for a premium OEM.
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing multiple parallel projects and the accelerated buildout from pilots to scaled infrastructure.
- Ability to develop, communicate and successfully implement a management strategy to execute projects.
- Start-up attitude with high motivation and willingness to take on a big challenge with potential for significant impact.
- Bias towards action, willingness to roll up sleeves and solve forward. High level, out-of-box thinker with logic and cadence behind each decision.
- Two or more years’ professional experience operationalizing auto financing products, systems, and partnerships in the Electric Vehicle sector.
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $163,500 - $212,400.
- Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
- Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include discretionary bonus, equity, or benefits.
NIO Inc. is a pioneer and a leading company in the premium smart electric vehicle market. Founded in November 2014, NIO’s mission is to shape a joyful lifestyle. NIO aims to build a community starting with smart electric vehicles to share joy and grow together with users. NIO designs, develops, jointly manufactures and sells premium smart electric vehicles, driving innovations in next-generation technologies in autonomous driving, digital technologies, electric powertrains and batteries. NIO differentiates itself through its continuous technological breakthroughs and innovations, such as its industry-leading battery swapping technologies, Battery as a Service, or BaaS, as well as its proprietary autonomous driving technologies and Autonomous Driving as a Service, or ADaaS. NIO’s product portfolio consists of the ES8, a six-seater smart electric flagship SUV, the ES7 (or the EL7), a mid-large five-seater smart electric SUV, the ES6, a five-seater all-round smart electric SUV, the EC7, a five-seater smart electric flagship coupe SUV, the EC6, a five-seater smart electric coupe SUV, the ET7, a smart electric flagship sedan, and the ET5, a mid-size smart electric sedan.Equal Employment Opportunity
NIO is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law. NIO US is an E-Verify employer.