Position Location: Remote
Position Term: Annual Contract Basis
Required for Consideration: Interested applicants should send a tailored cover letter and resume, along with annual compensation requirements and possible start date to email@example.com
Position Posting Close Date: Position posting will remain open until filled. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis.
SUMMARY OF POSITION ROLES AND RESPONSBILITIES
ESMC/ESMRC Project Managers work as part of a professional team in a virtual office environment. Project Managers serve on a team of Project Managers that plan, coordinate, implement and lead pilot projects and market projects while working collaboratively as part of the larger ESMC/ESMRC team and with ESMC/ESMRC members and stakeholders. Market projects in ESMC’s Eco-Harvest program and Research projects in ESMRC’s innovation and R&D program serve different but related roles in achieving ecosystem services market program outcomes that support ESMC/ESMRC’s mission and vision. ESMRC pilot projects are designed to plan, execute, test and refine ESMC protocols and methodologies to support program innovation, refinement and scalability.
ESMC/ESMRC’s program incentivizes, quantifies, tracks and delivers credits for increased soil carbon, reduced greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, enhanced water quality and water use conservation, and biodiversity outcomes from US farms and ranches. The credits help meet the commitments and annual reporting requirements of agricultural supply chain and value chain buyers and other actors seeking to increase regenerative, climate smart, and sustainable agricultural outcomes. Our program supports resilient agricultural production systems based on the adoption of optimized agro-ecosystem management. The outcomes of our program help to protect and improve our nation’s supply of food, feed, and fiber and ecosystem services outcomes while delivering financial and other benefits to the farmers, ranchers, and their communities on whom the stewardship of working agricultural lands rests.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead ESMC Eco-Harvest market program & ESMRC pilot projects:
- Serve on the ESMC/ESMRC Project Manager team to lead and oversee project planning, coordination, implementation, oversight and tracking on cropland, specialty crop, rangeland, and livestock management system projects.
- Work collaboratively with the ESMC/ESMRC team, contractors, members and partners to facilitate the identification, planning, development, launch, coordination and oversight of pilot and market projects in a consistent and documented manner.
- The Project Manager will ensure all salient activities are monitored and evaluated and that appropriate feedback loops are created to document and share challenges, successes and outcomes in a way that leads to improvements to ESMC’s protocols, processes, and programs and ensures a positive producer experience.
- Develop, use, and refine program materials to support projects and project partners, as necessary. This includes utilizing and improving training manuals and related program materials to execute projects and to improve materials based on user feedback and experiences.
- Support pilot and market project management and project management tool development and use and provide feedback to enhance operations.
- Support project partners and Enrollment Specialists including through trainings on program requirements, producer eligibility requirements, producer and partner roles and responsibilities.
- Coordination with ESMC’s Technology Team on enrollment and data collection trainings and requirements.
- Co-Lead ESMC Producer Circle:
- ESMC Producer Circle members are ranchers and farmers who represent a diversity of geographic, production system, and other producer characteristics and attributes who provide producer-centric input, feedback and guidance to ESMC/ESMRC program, documents and operations.
- Project Managers will Co-Lead support of Producer Circle engagement in ESMC/ESMRC activities, including planning, managing and leading regular meetings and activities of the Producer Circle in coordination with designated Producer Circle Co- Chairs. Responsibilities include recruiting new Producer Circle members as needed, onboarding new Producer Circle members, leading Producer Circle meetings, summarizing outcomes and feedback and providing appropriate follow-up with Producer Circle representatives who may provide additional support to Producer Circle members.
- Plan and lead Producer Circle subcommittees to engage producers and ESMC/ESMRC teams to hear, understand and respond to producer perspectives and incorporate feedback into ESMC/ESMRC programming
- Staff support role will require ensuring a feedback loop from Producer Circle members to ESMC/ESMRC teams to ensure alignment of understanding and to maximize the value of Producer Circle feedback in a manner that constructively strengthens the program and overcomes challenges and obstacles to producer engagement in ESMC/ESMRC projects and programs.
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Providing guidance and support for new Project Managers through onboarding, guidance and Project Management team support.
- Work with the ESMC/ESMRC teams to aid in accomplishing goals and objectives of grants, including current and pending awards from the Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research (FFAR). This may include variable assignments as necessary to lead, plan, implement and/or assist with pilot projects and to maintain documentation to track and report all ESMC/ESMRC project deliverables and technical reports.
- Support and contribute relevant content to publications and reports of appropriate results and outcomes pursuant to specific areas of responsibility.
- Assume additional roles and responsibilities as necessary to achieve the success of ESMC/ESMRC market projects and pilot projects.
REPORTING AND SUPERVISION
- The contractor role will report to the ESMC/ESMRC Director of Engagement and Project Development.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Undergraduate degrees in agronomy, soil science, environmental science or area relevant to agricultural sector operations, ecosystem services, and natural resources management
- 3 years work experience with farmers, ranchers, and/or developing projects in the agricultural sector. Particular experience relevant to environmental, ecological and/or carbon markets is highly desired.
- Demonstrated high productivity, efficiency, and self-starter skills and attitude
- Prior experience in a start-up or entrepreneurial organization or role
- Demonstrated excellent written and communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software
- Ability and desire to work in an FTE contractor role
ESMC/ESMRC Background Information
The Ecosystem Services Market Consortium (ESMC) is a member-driven consortium working with partners and collaborators across the agricultural supply chain and value chain to build a technologically advanced ecosystem services market to reward and incentivize farmers for beneficial impacts of sustainable agricultural systems. The research arm of the consortium – known as the Ecosystem Services Market Research Consortium, or “ESMRC” – is investing in critical R&D for a cost-effective and scalable approach to farmer and rancher engagement in ecosystem service markets, an approach needed to scale the beneficial impacts of sustainable practice adoption on working agricultural lands. The ESMC, aided by the ESMRC, will meet corporate and societal needs by quantifying, monitoring, and verifying the environmental benefits achieved on an annual and ongoing basis. Four ESMRC Working Groups have been established and tasked with developing and implementing specific research and development initiatives. The Working Groups, co-led by ESMC members and informed by Science Advisors chosen from a slate of national experts, will focus on the research, development, demonstration and deployment of cost-effective, scalable technologies and investments to launch the fully functioning market.
For More Information: www.ecosystemservicesmarket.org