At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
Why we need you:
- Our goal is to build the first fully autonomous all-electric aircraft that performs and operates safely in an urban air-mobility environment. In support of this goal, you will be part of the Aerodynamics team that helps develop our Aerodynamic Database and external aerodynamic loads predictions. This is done through the simulation of our Gen6 aircraft with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) tools.
What you will do:
- As part of the Flight Physics organization, and deployed in the Flight Dynamics Group you will act as an Aerodynamics intern for a novel type of aircraft development targeting the autonomous UAM market
- You will take part in developing external flow CFD simulations of the aircraft to predict Aerodynamic Forces and Moments on the vehicle
- Mesh aircraft geometries using industry standard best practices
- Setup and run simulations using command line inputs
- Develop scripts to automate and speed up simulation pre- and post processing
- Support the development of the Aerodynamic databases
- Produce pressure maps for use by the Loads and Dynamics team
- Help maintain and improve our tools and processes for Aerodynamics
What you have done:
- You have worked on various aircraft design projects such as Design, Build, Fly or Drones
- You have hands-on experience developing CFD simulations of external aircraft aerodynamics
- You have a strong and applied knowledge of complex aerodynamics and fluid flow simulation
- You are familiar with:
- Gridding and Meshing for Fluid flow simulations
- Past experience with RANS CFD Tools
- Experience scripting and coding in Matlab or Python
- Strong understanding of Aircraft Dynamics
- Strong passion for UAV Prototyping Experience
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
Compensation and Benefits:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must live in the US at both the time of application AND at the time the internship begins
- Must be either a rising Junior, Senior or Graduate student in college
- Must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0, transcripts are required
- Must be an enrolled student at both the time of application AND at the time the internship begins
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week for 12 weeks (full-time 3 months)
- Must be able to work pacific standard time (PST)
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-timePay Range the Company expects to pay: $25 an hour
We are headquartered in Mountain View, CA, and have a satellite office in Atlanta, GA. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision (company pays 100% of employee premium), and flexible time off. On top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as employee referral bonus, commuter assistance, charitable giving match, and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.