At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Composite Engineering intern to join our team. The goal of an Composite Engineering intern at Wisk is to ensure that (insert desired outcomes here). You will be part of the Composite Engineering team that designs analyses and builds Wisk’s composite structures hardware.
Why we need you:
- We are seeking an Engineering Intern to join our team developing the composite hardware for our electric-powered aircraft. You will work closely with members of the engineering and manufacturing teams on the design and analysis of the vehicle airframe or other composite structures. Specific tasks may include: modeling of design concepts using CAD software, laminate design and trade studies; structural analysis using FEA software; supporting test activities to determine material or structural properties; and evaluating designs for manufacturing producibility.
- Rising junior or higher in a mechanical, aerospace, or structural engineering program.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoys working as part of a team.
- Completion of one or more courses related to composites.
- Familiar with CAD software such as Siemens NX(preferred), Solidworks, etc.
- Familiar with FEA software such as NASTRAN (preferred), Abaqus, or ANSYS.
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must live in the US at both the time of application AND at the time the internship begins
- Must be either a rising Junior, Senior or Graduate student in college
- Must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0, transcripts are required
- Must be an enrolled student at both the time of application AND at the time the internship begins
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week for 12 weeks (full-time 3 months)
- Must be able to work pacific standard time (PST)
Compensation and Benefits:In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-timePay Range the Company expects to pay: $25 an hour
We are headquartered in Mountain View, CA, and have a satellite office in Atlanta, GA. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision (company pays 100% of employee premium), and flexible time off. On top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as employee referral bonus, commuter assistance, charitable giving match, and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.