What Makes Motiv Special?
Through a radically different approach to building electric trucks that combines our own patented IP with strategic partnerships, we have developed a line of all-electric medium-duty truck and bus chassis, which are used in a range of truck and bus applications in the US and Canada while reducing millions of CO2 pounds of emissions.
Our next-generation power management electronics and software make it easy to integrate new technology components into new vehicles and applications. You will be joining us at a critical inflection point in our growth, when, in addition to launching our sixth-generation technology, we are significantly expanding our products, capacity and market volume.
We are seeking a smart, enthusiastic Lead Product Change Engineer to join the Mechanical Engineering team as a key contributor in driving effective product change management from design to delivery with clear communication, effective documentation and timely implementation. As part of a multifaceted team, you will work with our Engineers, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and others cross-functionally, and be a critical enabler in our change implementation process. This is a developmental role, ideal for a candidate with deep product engineering and launch experience, who wants to broaden their technical experience to business end-to-end expertise, for increased future responsibility.
As a Lead Product Change Engineer, you understand the challenges associated with developing new and agile enterprise solutions that are implemented to product intent, and are well versed in facilitating activities for high-quality technical documentation. You are a self-motivated, creative thinker with a keen ability to drive ‘learning by doing’, ensure accurate implementation of new parts and sub-systems, and, drive ‘change’ quality systems. Although this is not a formal supervisory role, you are challenged and excited by the expectation and opportunity as an individual contributor, to lead cross-functional employees through your influence and demonstrated experiential credibility. This role, located at Motiv’s Foster City, CA headquarters, reports to the Mechanical Engineering Manager.
- Lead Engineering Change Management, an end-to-end process vital for operations, to ensure MRD, SOP and other key activities are implemented on time and with high accuracy
- Ensure that teams are aligned on key activities such as new production releases and product changes
- Oversee and maintain the ERP Change Order and release process, with other cross-functional teams for effective real-time ECR implementation and closure, within program or project management launch timelines
- Ensure that changes being implemented are properly documented with full detail and have a clear disposition of downstream activities such as current inventory and open purchase orders
- Work with cross-functional teams to define product configurations and control company operating processes
- Process, distribute, and maintain controlled documentation using an ERP document control system/Change Order process
- Audit changes for accuracy, completion and notify personnel of updated versions and how to access them
- Train staff and new employees on the change management and implementation process, ensuring fast adoption of our PLM/ERP software
- Distribute latest revision level documentation to all appropriate users and ensure that obsolete documentation and parts are removed from distribution
- Provide guidance and communication to Originators in order to share best practices and resolve change issues and/or discrepancies while increasing quality, speed, effectiveness, and impact of Change Management
- Self-driven, high energy and proactive with strong motivational skills who can lead teams toward a common goal in a fast-moving, disciplined yet agile, scale-up environment
- High degree of proficiency in Product development and launch, Bill of Material (BOM) management and ERP/PLM systems (Plex, SAP, Enovia) including change management planning
- Must be proficient with Project Management (example MS Project), Microsoft Suite and Adobe
- Ability to design and perform manual workflows prior to technology solutions
- Superior documentation and organizational skills, including the ability to generate ‘succinct yet impactful’ reports. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and time management skills with a proven ability to meet challenging deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while producing high quality output in a timely manner
- Ability to translate own expertise in a practical and easily implementable way with maximum impact using the minimum of resources or formal processes
Education and Experience:
- Career goal to broaden & deepen product development and launch experience into larger future responsibility
- BS degree in an engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience working in effective product change implementation in an engineering and manufacturing environment. Automotive and/or aerospace is preferred but not required
- Proven experience with an electronic document management system and technical writing capabilities
- Demonstrated cross-functional teamwork skills and potential for future leadership roles
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- $110,000.00-$140,000.00 (Salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education and training.)
This is a regular full-time position based in Foster City, CA.
Candidates only please; no recruiters.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive and comprehensive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Dental, Vision, HSA, Health & Dependent Care FSA, 401(k) with company match, company paid Basic Life and AD&D, employee paid Voluntary Life and AD&D.
- Generous PTO policy, 11 Paid Company Holidays
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) and Education Reimbursement
- Fresh daily snacks and a healthy Work/Life Balance
- Access to Perks at Work - Discounted learning, tickets, electronics, travel, health, restaurants & retail.
- Free Online Training & Development
- Bicycle friendly, with bike storage available to all Foster City employees with a 5 minute walk to the scenic Bay Front.
- Regular Happy Hours, Company Cultural Events, and more!
Motiv Power Systems is the medium-duty commercial electric vehicle (EV) leader that frees fleets from fossil fuels. Founded in 2009, the Bay Area-based, commercial EV company draws on 14 years of experience to create accessible, cost-effective, and innovative EV technology for organizations that are the backbone of the economy.
Motiv has more than 150 all-electric trucks and buses on the road with businesses of all sizes, across a broad spectrum of industries, including linen, parcel, food, hospitality, airports, higher education, pupil transportation, and more. Motiv vehicles operate at over 98 percent uptime, and have logged more than two million miles, while also offering fleets up to 85 percent operation and maintenance cost savings. Motiv’s proven EV technology provides operators with a healthier, smoother, and more profitable driving experience.