Revalue Nature is disrupting the way that nature-based carbon projects are developed.
We empower on-the-ground implementers to develop next-generation carbon projects, with an unwavering focus on integrity and scale. We bring together a world-class team, our cutting-edge spatial intelligence systems, and a platform which streamlines the end-to-end development process.
We are building a team to deliver at scale and with integrity:
- Our team has an exceptional track record of designing and delivering high impact carbon projects.
- We have built long-term partnerships and are working in vital landscapes with leading players in the nature conservation and restoration space.
- We offer unrivaled opportunities for our talent. We want this to be a place which allows you to do the best work of your life, while also focusing on balance outside of work.
What are we looking for?
We are not just another company in this space. We want to be the leaders and we are rapidly scaling our team to achieve it. We are looking for the most mission-driven, talented people to grow and scale our impact. The CCO is an exciting role given what Revalue is building and where the voluntary carbon market is going.
If you are driven by a challenge, get difficult things done and share our mission, then we want to know you.
Delivering nature-based solutions at scale requires diverse thinkers truly committed to revaluing nature through transparent, and equitable partnerships and systems change. We seek a truly diverse range of applicants from around the world by career stage, background, and approach.
The Chief Commercial Officer is responsible to our Chief Executive Officer. This role would be ideally based in London, but other locations can also be considered.
What are the main responsibilities of the role?
The Chief Commercial Officer will work alongside the Executive Team and the Investment team.
The role will include but not be limited to:
- Operate as an integral member of the Executive Committee
- Lead, own and execute key investment work streams, including securing project financing and designing commercial terms for our projects
- Proven track record of effectively managing projects and multiple work streams with competing priorities and being hands-on when required
- Lead transaction and structure negotiations with supply-side partners and investors
- Maintain senior investor relationships
- Sit on Revalue's Investment Committee, responsible for leading on assessing the commercial viability of each project under development
- Manage one direct report (Investment Associate) with a view to expanding the Investment team further as Revalue grows
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
What do we expect from you?
- A love of nature; a strong affinity with conservation and restoration of natural systems
- Mission, values and impact driven
- A strong preference for carbon financing experience
- Project management experience
- Leadership oriented
- Clear, direct and structured communicator (written and oral)
- Experience in structuring financial transactions. Structuring carbon deals is desirable but not essential.
- Comfortable owning senior relationships on the investment and supply side
- Ability to break down and explain complex ideas and concepts in a simple way
- Resilience, and the ability to make difficult things happen
- Outstanding decision-making skills and detail orientation
- A proactive self-driver with willingness to take initiative
- Committed to continuous improvement and consistent high-performance within a complex and fast-growing sector with at least 10 years of work experience
- Ability to work in remote teams
- Willingness to join an international, remote working team, traveling to various international settings as needed
- A proven ability to work effectively in diverse cultural settings
- Demonstrated results in effective delivery and day-to-day operational excellence
- An understanding of nature-based solutions is desirable
What do we offer?
- Shared purpose, culture and values
- Unbeatable work flexibility and balance (global team, remote working)
- On-the-ground work in the most iconic nature landscapes of our planet
- A truly diverse team of colleagues, partners and clients
- An agile team, with unrivaled experience and track-record
Starting date: ASAP
HOW TO APPLY
We are actively hiring and want to hear from you. Please apply here and make sure to supplement the following details to your cover letter or application.
- Name, LinkedIn profile and CV
- Please indicate your area(s) of expertise
- Please describe your ideal role and career trajectory (2-3 sentences)
- Please describe your key motivations for working in this sector (2-3 sentences)
- Current or last employment
- Geographic expertise
- Languages and levels of proficiency
- Current country or region of residence
For any questions email recruitment at revalue.earth
Revalue Nature Ltd is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and encourages people of all ethnic & racial origins, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions & ideologies, socio-economic statuses, educational backgrounds, ages, and individuals of all abilities to apply.