Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We are looking for multiple Senior Battery Engineers to join our Performance and Integration (P&I) team. P&I partners closely with R&D and Product teams to establish and improve cell designs at scale. The team is responsible for delivering battery performance that meets product intent performance, and lifetime durability under a range of conditions
. As a Senior Battery Engineer within P&I, you might: - use your in-depth electrochemical expertise to improve our ability to understand and forecast the degradation of our electrodes-leverage your knowledge of electrochemical behavior and material interactions to aid in the scale up of our iron-air technology-apply your broad knowledge to ensure we continue to close gaps as we drive towards a fully integrated product Regardless of your focus, you will design, execute, and analyze experiments measuring battery and materials properties to draw conclusions about cell design, device operation, and process of manufacturing. This opportunity offers the chance to apply your electrochemical expertise and creative problem solving skills in order to have a direct impact on the success of Form’s long-duration energy storage solution.
What You'll Do:
- Bring your expert knowledge of electrochemistry and engineering best practices to capture and derisk problems, interpret data, and discover device-operation, cell-design, or assembly-process improvements that help drive our technology and business forward
- Lead the development of degradation function or gap analyses to contribute to the continuous improvement of our novel battery, with a focus on adopting and deploying root cause, failure, and problem solving frameworks
- Work in small, cross-functional teams with materials scientists, mechanical engineers, process engineers, test engineers, technicians, and business and commercialization professionals to quantify device performance and execute gap analyses to directly inform decision-making
- Collaborate with Product, R&D, and Manufacturing teams to understand the evolution of cell performance from bench-top to factory scale
- Grow and teach your expertise in electrochemical testing as well as design of experiments, statistical analysis, and storytelling with data and provide regular data updates and coordinate data reviews
- Use your experience, curiosity and empathy to support the team in a fast-paced, actively growing start-up environment
What You'll Bring:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or a related field
- 3+ years experience developing electrochemical energy storage or conversion systems (e.g., alkaline batteries, electrolyzers, lead-acid batteries, lithium-ion batteries, fuel cells, flow batteries, or chlor-alkali reactors)
- Experience with root cause and failure analysis related to the electrochemical performance of devices
- A strong technical background in electrochemical cell design, and experience in laboratory testing of electrical or electrochemical systems
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis and design of experiments
- Champion for safety in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills and an ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.