- Your mission at Climeworks is to successfully lead Climeworks technical project team to ensure a seamless execution of DAC plants in the US, and to build up a US-based engineering team while ensuring that all technical interfaces between the engineering team and project partners are clearly defined and properly delivered.
- You establish and maintain a safety culture without compromises to ensure safe and compliant operation.
- You build up and manage a world-class engineering team in the US with a core focus on people and management culture, in collaboration with the relevant program and project managers.
- You oversee all US DAC plant engineering and delivery projects in alignment with Climework’s strategic objectives.
- You build up and maintain required lean processes and tools for the US engineering organization in alignment with the process and tool landscape of the Climeworks Group.
- You have completed a university degree in Engineering.
- You have 15+ years of engineering experience in refining, chemical, petro-chemical facilities and/or renewables industries’ sectors.
- You have 10+ years of experience in engineering management, successfully leading collocated and remote technical teams, contractors and suppliers.
- You have gained 5+ years of field experience in the process or energy industry. Preferably, you have technical leadership knowledge in large-scale process industry projects.
- You gained experience working in an EPC environment, managing EPCs
- Experience working on at least one process engineering industry (refining, chemical, petro-chemical facilities and/or renewables industries) sector project as an Owner or Owner’s representative at all post DBM phased of a project.
- You gained experience working with project groups, in all project phases and with the execution of full life cycle costs as well as with project scoping and participating in project risk.
- You are a true leader and role model, a crisp communicator that easily enables fast decision-making throughout the company, and you effectively manage and influence stakeholders of multi-disciplined professionals.
- You are a promoter of open communication and can create a positive culture.
- You are driven by our scale-up vision and your excellent strategic, organizational and negotiation skills set you apart.
- You are willing and able to travel up to 30%.
- You are fluent in English; German would be a plus.
You should be willing and able to commute regularly to our current office location in Kansas City, Missouri.
What we offer:
At Climeworks we live a positive, purpose driven, and unique culture where the wellbeing of our Climeworkers is key. This is why, we provide paid time off including vacation and sick leave. As we know that work-life-balance is something very important to show the best of yourself at work, we offer the possibility to occasionally work remotely and flexibility in terms of working time. Every permanent Climeworker also becomes a shareholder of our company by receiving RSUs. Furthermore, we offer a competitive 401k plan as well as comprehensive health insurance including dental coverage for you and your dependents. You will join a horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.