Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
Twelve is seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to join our Technical Development (Tech Dev) team. Your program will support everything from novel design work to ensuring on time delivery of critical components for manufacturing with complicated supply chains. As part of the technical program management team you will work closely with multiple teams in both Tech Dev, Manufacturing, and leadership to set and execute strategy to achieve our carbon transformation goals. Success in this role will enable Twelve to accelerate our technology development and transform the way we build our CO2 products at industrial scale.
This is a full time role based in Berkeley, CA.
What you will do
- Partner closely with technical teams to manage complex projects and activities with tight timelines and cross-functional deliverables
- Collaborate with technical team and program management to develop program strategy in line with company goals
- Coordinate, execute, and monitor project plans for technical and cost milestones that have clear decision points and aggressive but achievable timelines
- Build and coach project teams while creating a culture of belonging and accountability
- Communicate frequently and effectively through all appropriate channels to ensure project staff, functional leads, and program management have all the necessary information for effective decision-making
- Facilitate effective collaboration across diverse functional teams
- Create and drive lightweight processes to support technical operations
- Build and maintain project dashboards, documents and other reporting mechanisms, working with the project teams to create a process and cadence for regular updates
Who you are
- You are an optimizer at heart and are always seeking to make processes more efficient
- You are comfortable with technical material and discussions and are happy to ask questions and own what you know and what you don’t know
- You are naturally curious, love to learn new things, and are relentless in getting the information you need to proceed
- You have a strong sense of urgency and are able to positively share that urgency with others
- You have great communication skills, and when you get new information you wonder “who else needs to know this?” and “what projects does this impact?”
- You have demonstrated skill in organizational navigation, influencing, and leading without formal authority
- You enjoy a fast-paced environment and are comfortable working under ambiguity and shifting priorities
Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Experience in any of the following industries: renewable energy and fuels and chemicals, oil and gas, hydrogen production, and carbon capture.
- Experience in tech or start-up dealing with hardware/engineering
- Experience in project or work management tools (Asana, MS Project, Wrike, Smart Sheets, Jira, etc.)
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
At Twelve, it's important each employee is compensated competitively and fairly. In alignment with state legal requirements, Twelve conducts exhaustive research to understand compensation markets. A range for the included position is listed below. Be advised, actual offer details are determined by job category, job location, and candidate skill level.
Wage Range: $148,000 - $200,000
Please note that some pay bands may have wide ranges of compensation to accommodate candidate's diverse sets of skill levels.
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at email@example.com.