Angaza enables businesses to sell life-changing products, on credit, to low-income, unbanked consumers in emerging markets. Our technology uses an IoT network of connected devices, mobile payments, and machine learning to accelerate the adoption of solar energy systems, smartphones, and appliances.
We are reinventing consumer credit by making it available to the 2 billion people across the globe who are unbanked or left out of formal credit/savings ecosystems. With Angaza, consumers have the flexibility to buy now and pay later, with full pricing transparency. And, merchants can increase their sales and revenue by over 8x by offering life-changing products on credit.
Angaza’s inclusive finance platform is already used by businesses in 50+ countries across Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America, and Asia to improve the daily lives of over 20 million people.This Position
We are seeking an experienced and multi-talented financial analyst who will own Angaza’s financial planning and analysis process, drive growth, and contribute to strategic decisions. As a member of the Finance team (currently four individuals across the US & Kenya), you will ensure that all company decisions are made on a sound financial basis and that Angaza’s long-term financial planning sets us up for success. This role reports to Angaza’s Chief Financial Officer and is based remotely in the USA.
- Manage budgeting and long-term planning process and tools.
- Prepare monthly performance and ad hoc reports for the executive team.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the Board and investors.
- Provide reports to lenders and monitor covenants
- Maintain and develop the company’s core financial model.
- Provide analytical/modeling support for the company’s business and strategic finance teams for contract negotiation, pricing and fundraising.
- Provide analytical support to the Finance team for billing, monthly closes (statutory and consolidated accounts, external audits).
- Interface with company’s Business Intelligence and Engineering teams to ensure that Finance is provided with the tools and processes to perform its work.
Required Skills & Attributes
- Are self-motivated and comfortable working independently.
- Enjoy balancing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Are able to distill complex information in a straightforward way, and communicate well with stakeholders who are not as experienced.
- Balance a rigorous mindset with the ability to operate in a fast-paced and flexible startup environment and make trade offs.
- Have strong quantitative, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pride yourself on attention to detail.
- Thrive in fast-paced, dynamic work environments.
- Exemplify Angaza’s key values: impact-driven, empathetic, courageous, trustworthy, curious, and collaborative.
- 5 years of professional experience as a financial analyst in an investment bank, bank or industrial company, or financial technology startup.
- Strong financial, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong modeling skills (Excel, Google Sheets) required.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and entries required; experience of Quickbooks Online a plus.
- BA/BS in finance, accounting, economics or a related field; MBA is a plus.
- Experience using SQL, GitHub, Python, and familiarity with standard data visualization tools i.e. Looker, Sisense a plus.
- Fintech experience required, substantial understanding and practice of consumer lending models (underwriting, revenue recognition, payment and collection processes) a strong plus.
- Practice of FP&A in a multinational entity (transfer pricing, IFRS/US Gaap, consolidation and tax planning) a plus.
Angaza is a for-profit company with headquarters in San Francisco and Nairobi.Employees receive salary, an equity stake in Angaza, and benefits that include: - Competitive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, HSA, & FSA - 401(k) with company match - Fully paid parental leave - Flexible scheduling and time off policies - Knowledge that you’re making a positive impact on the world every day you come to work!Our Commitment to DEI
At Angaza, we evaluate all candidates on the basis of their ability to meet stated job requirements. We do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of sex, gender, marital status, religion, nationality, or other personal characteristics. In keeping with our commitment to supporting a safe and inclusive workplace, we strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to apply