At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.This entry-level position supports sample preparation for the R&D division in El Segundo, CA. The Sample Prep Support will assist with the preparation of ingredients and samples, using laboratory and food measurement tools, and maintaining a clean prep space. This individual must approach all tasks in a meticulous and careful manner with little margin for error.
TASKS, DUTIES, & GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Familiarity with kitchen or food lab equipment such as a mixer, measuring equipment, flat top griddle, deep fryer, scale, ovens, etc.
- Assist in preparing and cooking food samples according to procedures and instructions provided
- Measure, weigh and mix specific test ingredients in a very precise and careful manner
- Wash equipment, dishes, measuring devices, and other lab tools
- Keep prep space clean and tidy. Maintain ingredient inventories. Put items away in designated storage areas.
- Follow and maintain all sanitation, health, safety and quality policies and procedures and report any deficiencies
- Regularly communicate with supervisor/teammates in either written and/or verbal format
- Perform other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Technical Skills, and/or Previous Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Some experience in a kitchen setting preferred
- Flexible in a fast paced environment
**Hourly rate commensurate with experience**
- Position requires the ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods, climb, kneel, bend, and occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
- Position located in a mix of laboratory, pilot lab, kitchen, and office environments, and requires a tolerance for high worker traffic, close quarters, noise, odors, dust, and varying room temperatures and lighting
- This position may be required to visit the production floor, refrigerated and frozen storage, and warehouses
The starting hourly base pay for this role is between USD $15.50 and $20.00 per hour. The actual base is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. The role may also be eligible for bonus and benefits. Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.Please note that Beyond Meat has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. All U.S. employees who (a) physically enter a Beyond Meat facility in the United States, (b) represent Beyond Meat at work-related events, including but not limited to trade shows and product demonstrations, or (c) physically enter customer or potential customer sites in connection with their work for Beyond Meat must take all necessary steps to be Fully Vaccinated as a condition of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.