Redaptive is searching for dynamic, forward-thinking Technical Solutions Engineer, who will be responsible for development of energy & infrastructure efficiency solutions in Commercial & Industrial customer facilities. In this role you will support all aspects of energy project design, development, and sale as well as other corporate engineering needs including support to our Product and Customer Experience teams with development of energy analytics and insights from our meter data.
We are looking for someone who has a strategic vision and is a highly organized and creative problem solver. Communication with internal and external stakeholders is critical, in addition to managing activities across multiple departments to support the project development and sales process. This position will report to the Director of Technical Solutions Engineering. Ideally the position will be located in the greater Denver, CO area but remote candidates will be considered.
- Development of energy efficiency, modernization and generation project opportunities and scopes covering all building systems including lighting, HVAC, building envelope and distributed generation measures
- Support/refinement of engineering models used in underwriting opportunities
- Support cost reduction efforts including researching design alternatives
- Establish and enforce processes, best practices, and strategies for the best value design of the projects
- Provide oversight/review of the engineering performed by our EPC partners and subcontractors
- Perform detailed on-site building audits and collect building asset information.
- Study system efficiency performance and ways to build analytics around system performance
- Design, develop, implement, and support new and existing energy insights reports for all types of C&I facilities
- Perform detailed data analysis and high-level data mining as necessary
- Develop data diagrams, visualizations and process models for documentation and presentation of data to customers
- Create presentations and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) around energy performance for customer sites
- Consult with internal and external customers to develop analyses which lead to actionable insights for customers
- Work with several large and complex data sets
- Staying current with energy savings technologies and design criteria
- Collaborating closely with India based counterparts on development of data analytics and generation of customer content.
- Support Sales and Customer Experience team on customer sales and energy insights report presentations as needed.
- Support Product and Software Development teams by writing specifications and technical summaries for new product development and project opportunity identification efforts, and providing feedback or testing on internal tools.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in engineering, technical project management, technical/sales engineering, or solutions role, ideally within a business-to-business C&I environment specifically in renewable or efficiency technology
- 5+ years’ experience in energy services or energy efficiency industries
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related experience
- Understanding and hands on work experience in building audit protocol (ASHRAE Level 1 & 2 Audits)
- Working knowledge of M&V protocols (IPMVP, ASHRAE Guideline 14)
- Expert understanding of project development process from project identification to design and execution
- Hands on work experience with savings calculations for mechanical systems from central plant to HVAC, and experience with electrical generation and switchgears
- Working knowledge of HVAC
- Able to handle large quantities of data and keep it organized
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency to meet project deadlines
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity, make decisions, act and motivate others in times of uncertainty, incomplete information or change. Ability to be responsibly creative
- Positive, innovative, and collaborative attitude, strong ability to communicate across departments and drive to "find a solution that works".
- Collaboration, problem solving and communication that drives overall team success
- Comfortable presenting to executives, owners, CEOs and board members
- Professional Engineer License preferred
- Relevant industry certifications preferred (CEM, CMVP, CxA)
- Experience with tableau, plotly, or similar software platforms is preferred
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Interest in furthering the entrepreneurial culture of a “can-do, will-do” work environment; regardless of whether the position description specifically identifies the ask
- Able to travel up to 30%
Permanent authorization to work in the United States is required at this time.
About Redaptive Inc.
- Equity plan participation
- Company-subsidized benefits: medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts: healthcare and dependent care
- Immediately-vested 6% 401(k) match
- Monthly internet and cell phone allowance
- Flexible Time Away
- Volunteer activities
- Expected annual salary: 125k (subject to adjustment for relevant experience, skills, geo location)
- Annual at-target bonus: minimum 10% of salary depending on level of role
- Monthly Virtual Happy Hour
Redaptive is the leading Energy-as-a-Service company that enables businesses to meet largescale energy efficiency and strategic technology objectives. With over $1 billion in project lending capacity, Redaptive deploys best-in-class energy efficiency technologies across large commercial real estate portfolios through a unique, data driven shared savings model. Redaptive is backed by CarVal, ENGIE New Ventures, Linse Capital, CBRE, Evergy Ventures and CPP Investments.
Our company culture is fun, collaborative, and fast paced. We are passionate about changing the world and helping our customers to become more environmentally sustainable and profitable. We are looking for team members who are driven, passionate, and want to take on a diverse set of challenges to help grow a great company. Redaptive, Inc is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.This employer participates in E-Verify.CCPA Notice for California Job ApplicantsPlease, no third-party recruiters.