Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are seeking an Associate Manager on our GDE (Gas Diffusion Electrode) team to build and direct an internal team responsible for the integration of our proprietary air cathode into our cell and battery architecture, with a focus on multi-year durability and reliability. Our GDE Team is a cross-disciplinary group of experts in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, and Chemical Engineering, who are responsible for designing and developing the discharge cathode technology for our innovative Iron-Air multi-day battery. In this role, you will lead a team of Materials Engineers to drive the design, evaluation, and validation of an electrode integration strategy which meets performance, durability, and cost requirements. You will make a significant and daily impact on a cutting-edge Iron-Air battery technology that can hasten the decarbonization of the electric grid and tackle climate change.
What You'll Do:
- Prioritize safety across all aspects of R&D, from laboratory processes to electrode designs to electrochemical testing
- Lead high-impact projects which deliver a world-class air electrode integration strategy, including electrochemical seal design and electrical contact methodology
- Evaluate integration strategies using accelerated electrochemical testing and failure investigation tools such as RCA and FMEA
- Collaborate with multiple cross functional teams at Form Energy, such as our Battery Products, Advanced Manufacturing, and R&D Engineering Teams
- Recruit, guide, inspire, and mentor team members and provide hands-on support in their day-to-day activities
- Drive rapid ideation phases and turn ideas into structured R&D project plans
What You'll Bring:
- 7+ years of experience in a relevant field (Mechanical Engineering, Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, or a related field)
- 1+ years of leadership experience (project management, engineering mentorship, formal management)
- Ability to bridge technical gaps from R&D to product development
- Experience advancing projects from concept through execution to data interpretation with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and communication skills, especially with interdisciplinary teams and remote team members
- Experience working with polymers and sealed electrochemical devices or systems is a plus
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.