Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
Twelve is seeking a Software Engineering Manager to join our Software Engineering Team. Your team will develop cloud and PC based software to help us automate manufacturing of our core CO2 conversion technology in our Gigafactory. We are developing a cutting edge assembly line that integrates full product tracing, machine learning, and interactive live visualizations for scientists, engineers, and business users.
You’ll be supported in your growth as a manager and engineer by your 3 fellow software engineering managers and engineering director, and work closely with experts in hardware engineering, science, process development, and large scale manufacturing.
This is a hybrid role based in Berkeley, CA.
What you’ll do
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of 4+ high performing software engineers, with expertise in fullstack engineering and hardware automation.
- Run daily standup and bi-weekly sprint planning sessions.
- Work with our product manager and designer to scope new features.
- Help your team architect reliable apps and reusable code, and develop tests and test plans to ensure correct operation.
- Engage in code review with teammates, and up-level your team’s skills and code quality.
- Grow the team and interview, onboard, and mentor additional software talent.
- Take ownership of delivering key projects on-time, which are essential for the company and our mission.
- Work from our headquarters 2 days per week to collaborate with team members, scientists, and hardware engineers.
Who you are
- You have experience managing a team of 3+ engineers for 2+ years, with a track record of high team member retention and successful on-time delivery of projects.
- You have exceptional organizational and communication skills, and are adept at prioritizing tasks and summarizing complex topics.
- You enjoy taking ownership and have led a project from concept to successful delivery.
- You’ve built complex web-apps with Vue.js, React, or a similar front-end framework.
- You’ve designed back-end APIs, and have experience with a platform like Node.js
- You understand relational database design best practices, and are fluent in SQL.
- You’ve written software (preferably in Python or C) that communicates with hardware to control physical processes and collect data.
- You’re a team player who excels in a collaborative environment.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
At Twelve, it's important each employee is compensated competitively and fairly. In alignment with state legal requirements, Twelve conducts exhaustive research to understand compensation markets. A range for the included position is listed below. Be advised, actual offer details are determined by job category, job location, and candidate skill level.
United States Wage Range: $168,000 - $210,000
Please note that some pay bands may have wide ranges of compensation to accommodate candidate's diverse sets of skill levels.
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at email@example.com.