Think Smart Electric Vehicles & Modern Mobility are super cool? Get a kick out of driving execution and delivering impact at scale? Want to help bring a game-changing new EV charging technology to market? Then this opportunity might be for you: The Power Team at NIO USA is responsible for strategy, planning and ultimately delivery of NIO’s energy products. This is a critical operational team, with direct input from our CEO, and comes with high visibility and tall expectations! NIO's Go-To-Market Approach has an intense focus on the user experience - on car and beyond the car. NIO’s Power products, including our Swap Stations and Chargers are critical piece of the user experience and a unique competitive advantage. Reporting to the US Head of Power, the Regional Lead, Power Network Development
will be responsible for leading NIO power infrastructure projects. You will based at our San Jose, CA office. NIO's infrastructure will be strategically located, built in compliance with local standards, and adhere to NIO's global expectations of excellence. The ideal candidate has extensive project management experience in the deployment of EV charging infrastructure, can manage multiple demand project schedules simultaneously, adapt to external factors and internal guidance, and be capable of clear communication internally and externally.
- Lead NIO’s Regional Power Network Team including engineers and project managers to successfully deliver power network projects on time and on budget.
- Oversee translation and development of global technical documents for our products, including civil and electrical drawings, installation and commissioning guidelines into local versions that adhere to local regulations and standards.
- Help to develop a detailed understanding of local requirements and potential challenges to project delivery and engage with governmental and regulatory bodies as needed to solve.
- Coordinate internal teams leading projects from initial site visits, through design, grid connection, permitting, and commissioning, and ensure timely completion and coordination across different processes.
- In partnership with other internal groups from legal to supply chain, manage the development of RFP and RFQ processes to select and engage high quality partners.
- Engage, as needed, in communication and coordination across multiple external stakeholders involved in ongoing projects such as AHJs, civil contractors, electrical contractors, site hosts, utilities and other regulators.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years’ professional experience across the areas of Energy specific engineering, construction, and project management.
- Minimum of 2 or more years’ Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure domain expertise is strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of delivering EV infrastructure projects, with experience and skill in managing civil/installation partners and contractors to achieve deadlines and offer guidance when required on-site.
- Experience in installation of power electronics and mechanical equipment.
- Familiar with key relevant regulations and requirements in civil, electrical and mechanical areas. Network of relationships in government and authorities related to construction and power.
- Excellent communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Bias towards action, willingness to roll up sleeves and "solve" to move forward.
- Results oriented, attention to both big picture as well as detail.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under strict deadlines.
- Willingness to travel extensively with a valid driver's license.
NIO Inc. is a pioneer and a leading company in the premium smart electric vehicle market. Founded in November 2014, NIO’s mission is to shape a joyful lifestyle. NIO aims to build a community starting with smart electric vehicles to share joy and grow together with users. NIO designs, develops, jointly manufactures and sells premium smart electric vehicles, driving innovations in next-generation technologies in autonomous driving, digital technologies, electric powertrains and batteries. NIO differentiates itself through its continuous technological breakthroughs and innovations, such as its industry-leading battery swapping technologies, Battery as a Service, or BaaS, as well as its proprietary autonomous driving technologies and Autonomous Driving as a Service, or ADaaS. NIO’s product portfolio consists of the ES8, a six-seater smart electric flagship SUV, the ES7 (or the EL7), a mid-large five-seater smart electric SUV, the ES6, a five-seater all-round smart electric SUV, the EC7, a five-seater smart electric flagship coupe SUV, the EC6, a five-seater smart electric coupe SUV, the ET7, a smart electric flagship sedan, and the ET5, a mid-size smart electric sedan.Equal Employment Opportunity
NIO is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law. NIO US is an E-Verify employer.