We are Sila, a next-generation battery materials company. Our mission is to power the world’s transition to clean energy. To create this future, our team is building a better lithium-ion battery from the inside out today. We engineer and manufacture ground-breaking battery materials that significantly increase the energy density of batteries, while reducing their size and weight. The result? Smaller more powerful batteries that can unlock innovation in consumer devices and accelerate the mass adoption of electric cars to eliminate our dependence on fossil fuels. We're tackling one of the biggest challenges of our time every day, and together we're redefining what's possible. Are you ready to be a part of a team committed to changing the world?
Who You Are
As a Senior Software Manufacturing Engineer, you will develop ground breaking manufacturing software and integration solutions for our next-generation digital manufacturing platform. You will collaborate with team members across manufacturing, engineering, quality, and planning functions to implement solutions for scaling capabilities in our current and future factories. You will demonstrate your technical expertise and industry knowledge to deliver innovative solutions that support Sila's next-generation manufacturing vision.
This role will report to the Director of Advanced Manufacturing Software.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with manufacturing and engineering partners, as well as data systems counterparts, to deliver innovative manufacturing software solutions for Sila's auto-scale production factory
- Design, develop, test, and deploy full-stack web applications and internal tools that support Sila's proprietary processes and drive peak operational efficiency
- Evaluate vendors and integrate third-party commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software solutions with the digital manufacturing platform
- Fix and resolve technical issues related to the digital manufacturing platform, ensuring flawless and uninterrupted operations
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- 5+ years of full-time development experience in Python, with expertise in the following libraries: Flask, SqlAlchemy, and Pandas
- 5+ years of proven experience building software integrations with other systems (e.g. Web APIs, enterprise software, databases)
- Strong experience in the manufacturing domain and knowledge of standard methodologies in software development, UX/UI, and integration solutions with MES, Recipe Management, ERP, LIMS, SPC, Quality and Control Systems/SCADA
- Proficiency with SQL, NoSQL, ObjectStores and modern database technologies
- Experience with developing and maintaining highly-available, fault-tolerant, and massively scalable software for data streaming and capture.
- Experience in developing data-intensive or real-time software systems in a manufacturing environment, including implementing solutions that produce and consume from event-driven frameworks (e.g. Kafka, MQTT)
- Expertise in one or more software programming languages in addition to Python (e.g. C#, C++, Java, Golang)
- Experience with modern software development tools and methodologies, including agile development, continuous integration, and test automation frameworks
- Familiarity with cloud-based software development and deployment (eg. AWS)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to evaluate and analyze data to enable operational decision-making or present clear recommendations to leadership
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and dealing with various changes under tight deadlines.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Move long distances (such as from building to building) and be stationary for extended periods of time
- Operate a computer and other office equipment, such as a laptop, copier/printer, etc in a fixed location
- Standing in a stationary position 80% of the time
The starting base pay for this role is between $146,000 and $197,000 at the time of posting. The actual base pay within these ranges depends on many factors, such as education, experience, and skills. Base pay is only one part of Sila’s competitive Total Rewards package that can include benefits, perks, equity, and bonuses. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future
Working at Sila
We believe that building a diverse team at Sila helps us amplify our individual talents. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment where good ideas are free to come from anyone. We are proud to celebrate diversity and all qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, national origin, or any other status protected by law.