At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Software Tools and Automation team. The goal of a DevOps Engineer at Wisk is to ensure that the software team has the tools and resources they need to define/build software infrastructure, and efficiently develop, deploy and test our software products.
Why we need you:
- The DevOps Engineer is responsible for analyzing needs for custom or off-the-shelf tools to support all aspects of the product development process, designing the systems to meet those needs and working with other teams within the company to leverage available tools and systems for maximum development efficiency.
What you will do:
- Develop tools and identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of embedded and Web application software development and verification through Gitlab automation
- Support software development operations by maintaining and improving continuous integration, automated test and deployment systems in GCP and AWS
- Understand and apply DO-330 considerations to automation tools intended to aid in the software certification process
- Closely collaborate with various software teams to understand their unique needs and procedures, recommend solutions to improve efficiency, and implement them
What you have done:
- BS or MS in CS or EE or equivalent with 5 years of prior experience in DevOps or tools development roles
- Familiar with highly automated software development processes and modern tools (git, Bitbucket/GitLab/GitHub, JIRA, Jenkins/Bamboo, etc.)
- Interest in working with a variety of tools and technologies to solve the problems at hand
- Experienced with configuration management, GitOps, and IAC tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform)
- Proficiency in containerization and cloud infrastructure (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS/GCP, etc.)
- Comfortable with Linux command line and Bash/Shell scripting
- Passionate about aviation and the future of transportation
- Prior experience with software build systems (Make, Scons, Bazel, etc)
- Proficiency in C/C++, Java or other modern object oriented programming language
- Previous projects developed in C/C++
- Understanding of source code statement coverage and static analysis tools
- Experience with certified, safety-critical software (e.g. DO-178B/C, ISO-26262 or equivalent)
- Familiar with model-based design (MBD) using tools like Matlab and Simulink
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.