Remora is hiring a Talent Acquisition Manager who will manage the day-to-day operations of our recruiting team and will work closely with internal stakeholders on recruiting initiatives as the company scales significantly in the next year. The TA Manager will report to our VP of People and ensure that we recruit high-caliber, diverse, purpose-driven new team members that meet our current and future hiring needs. We’re a 50-person climate tech startup based in Detroit, MI, and we plan to double in size over the next year. We build a device that captures a semi-truck’s carbon emissions directly from the tailpipe. We sell the CO2 to end-users and split that revenue with our customers, so our device pays for itself in just a couple of years. We’re piloting our technology with some of the largest companies in the world, including three of the Fortune 10, and we’ve raised multiple rounds of funding from leading investors like Lowercarbon Capital, Union Square Ventures, and First Round Capital.
- Lead and grow our talent acquisition team while also performing as a full-cycle recruiter
- Promote empowerment, accountability, and inclusion among all team members to build a high-caliber, values-aligned team
- Improve efficiency at scale: Develop and own talent acquisition strategy (including tools and systems) and plan, including annual and quarterly objectives
- Ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies and principles are incorporated throughout the hiring process, from pipeline development to conversion; recommend creative and results-oriented ideas to cultivate diverse talent pipelines.
- Collaborate with business and HR team to understand needs/gaps and develop appropriate TA strategies/plans to address talent gaps
- Manage the productivity and efficiency of the hiring process against plan through metrics and weekly tracking
- Ensure all recruitment activities are done in accordance with employment laws and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+ years of talent acquisition experience
- At least two years of experience managing a talent acquisition or other HR team
- Knowledge of workforce planning (forecasting, identifying specific needs, skills, locations, and behaviors)
- Skilled with reporting and recruiting metrics
- Passion for recruitment
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
- Creative, outside-the-box thinker with lots of new ideas
- At least one year of agency experience
- 7+ years of talent acquisition management experience
- At least one year of experience at a venture-backed startup
- At least one year of TA or HR experience in a manufacturing environment
- Employment brand development experience via social media channels
- DEI-focused recruitment experience
Here’s what we value:
- You want to join a fast-paced, fast-growing startup.
- You care deeply about reducing carbon emissions and building power for the historically excluded communities that those emissions will most affect.
- You’re committed to practicing anti-racism and anti-sexism.
- You fully own projects, and you identify and solve problems through completion.
- You adapt to change, appreciate failures as learning opportunities, and constructively share them with your teammates.
- You improve your teammates’ performance through collaboration. You consistently pursue personal and professional growth for yourself and your teammates.
- You voice respectful disagreement and provide high-quality constructive feedback. You’re an effective and active listener and a clear and concise communicator.
- You voice respectful disagreement and provide high-quality constructive feedback. You’re an effective and active listener and a clear and concise communicator
- Location: Wixom, MI
- Start date: Immediate
- COVID-19: Remora requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Applicants are required to submit proof of vaccination before beginning employment. Appropriate COVID-19 safety precautions are implemented in the workplace.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary: $111,000 USD
- Equity: 0.03%
- Healthcare (Aetna)
- Retirement (401k)
- Student loan assistance
- Four weeks of paid time off
- Dependent care assistance (childcare or eldercare)
- Parental leave
- Unlimited sick and compassionate leave
- Employee development and coaching
- Relocation stipend (Up to $9000)
Climate change disproportionately impacts communities of color, so we’re looking for candidates deeply committed to reducing emissions and to racial justice. People who identify as Black, Indigenous, person of color, female, non-binary, trans, gender non-conforming, or any other identity underrepresented in startups are especially encouraged to apply.
Research shows that women and people of color are less likely to think they are qualified for a position after reading a list of requirements like the one above. If you are worried that you are not qualified, please apply anyway! We’re most excited to work with people who learn quickly and want to tackle the climate crisis.