Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We are looking for an individual in the test and development area to help us develop our core technology. As part of a growing test operations team, you will continuously improve, write, and develop electrical, mechanical and electrochemical test processes for a variety of cell and system requirements as we scale up our technology. You will work closely with the technology development and technical operations teams to support battery testing, facilitate analysis of test data, and contribute to test operations process development - making a direct impact on our mission towards enabling a 100% renewable grid.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute in testing, validating and qualifying Form’s battery architecture to continually improve the system design
- Collaborate with technology teams to understand cell architecture and to create test plans as per the product requirements
- Work with other test engineers and technicians to design test setups to execute component and system level test plans e.g. performance, NVH, HALT
- Create and document SOPs/ Work Instruction framework for test execution and train technicians on new processes
- Analyze test data, document findings and present summaries to technology development teams
- Participate in cross functional efforts to perform cell teardowns, debug test instrument issues and root cause analyses
What You'll Bring:
- 2+ years of experience in test engineering roles involving electrical, mechanical or electrochemical systems
- Familiarity with battery test methods (undergraduate lab or course work accepted)
- Experience with sensor placement & data acquisition techniques using tools such as LabView
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python and/or MATLAB
- Experience with statistical analysis using tools such as Minitab or JMP
- Experience using complex iterative logic, including writing test scripts
- Laboratory safety knowledge
- Strong communication skills to collaborate across the broader organization
- BS degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
The salary range for this role is $108,025- $133,255. The range listed is what we reasonably expect to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and may be modified in the future. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.