Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) has the fastest, lowest cost path to commercial fusion energy.
CFS collaborates with MIT to leverage decades of research combined with groundbreaking new high-temperature superconducting (HTS) magnet technology. HTS magnets will enable compact fusion power plants that can be constructed faster and at lower cost. Our mission is to deploy these power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. To that end, CFS has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by the world’s leading investors, CFS is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. To implement this plan, we are looking to add dedicated people to the team who treat people well, improve our work by adding multifaceted perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have achieved outstanding results through a range of pursuits, and have skills and experience related to this role.
As a Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for our company, Commonwealth Fusion Systems. At CFS, we are looking to change the world and we hope you will join us! You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the business including candidates. You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and managing the office space daily operations. To be successful as a Receptionist, you should have a pleasant enthusiastic personality, as this is also a customer service role. You should also be able to deal with requests in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. The ability to pivot between projects and tasks while managing priorities will be essential to this role. Being detail-oriented and adaptable will allow you to support the CFS growing teams effectively. Reliability and consistency are key attributes necessary to be successful in this role. Ultimately, this receptionist’s duties and responsibilities are to ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively.
This is a contractor position and will be onsite in Devens, MA.
This team member will:
- Greeting visitors and being the first friendly face of CFS
- Assist with set up and break down of office meetings and logistics (catering, conference rooms, etc.)
- Greeting and shepherding guests to appropriate meetings rooms
- Keeping the front desk area tidy
- Assisting S&R with incoming mail, post, and deliveries
- Refreshing coffee station and maintaining office/kitchen supplies
- Order and maintain office and kitchen supplies
- Working within our access system to create new badges for employees
- Work hours 8:30a - 5:00p, Monday - Friday
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- 1+ years’ experience of front desk, reception, greeter
- A natural ability to multi-task and easily prioritize competing priorities
- Sound judgment and situational awareness while being the first CFS point of contact
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Positive, professional, and enthusiastic attitude and the ability to receive constructive feedback
- Skill in administrative office tools, such as MS 365 software, Google Workspace, Zoom
- Ability to work (thrive) in a startup R&D environment
- Comfortable working autonomously; self-motivated
- A drive towards attention to detail
- Highly responsive customer service attitude, internally and externally
Additional experience and/or qualifications:
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
- Perform activities such as stooping, climbing, typing, standing, and sitting for extended periods of time
- Willingness to occasionally travel
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.