A better planet with every search - Ecosia
, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world's largest social businesses and the first B Corporation
in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable world, we are planting and protecting forests by enabling people to channel their everyday actions into environmental good. So far our 20+ million users have planted over 170 million trees. Our reach is expanding as we continue to grow and plant native and biodiverse trees worldwide!
We’re looking for a Social Media Manager (all genders)
to help run our social media channels, create content, schedule posts, and manage our community. Help us spread the word about Ecosia and inspire millions of people to become more climate active!
As part of the content team, you’ll be working with our Social Media Lead to run our channels with a main focus on Instagram, TikTok, and LinkedIn (Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit secondary).
Our content revolves around tree planting, climate change, nature, agriculture, politics, and more, and we’re lucky to have an engaged community of users. We’re looking for a junior to mid-level person who understands the subtleties of each network and has a thorough grasp of social video content.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Work with the content team to maintain a regular stream of content on our channels.
- Write captions for articles, photos, and videos and schedule posts across channels.
- Create text, image, and video posts together with the content and creative teams.
- Break down complex topics into digestible and engaging content.
- React to news and trending topics.
- Build and maintain our community of users by replying to comments, monitoring DMs, and interacting with relevant conversations.
- Listen to user sentiment and collect feedback.
YOUR AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE:
- Experience running one or more social media channels is mandatory; significant experience on your own channels is also welcome.
- Experience interacting with an online community; ability to manage criticism and conflict online.
- Ability to adapt to our brand’s tone of voice and style.
- Ability to make complex topics feel accessible and exciting.
- Understanding of new video formats such as Reels and TikTok.
- Ability to alternate between formats, going from more text-heavy corporate posts to light and entertaining videos.
- Acute awareness of social media and online trends.
- Keen interest in topics related to nature, social justice, and climate change.
- Basic Photoshop skills are a plus; in-app editing knowledge on Instagram and TikTok is appreciated, but no other video editing skills are required.
- Native-level English; German and French are a plus.
This role is remote-friendly as long as you’re available between 10 AM - 5 PM CET. The content team currently meets regularly in Berlin.
The recruitment process will consist of four steps: a screening call with our People team, an interview with the team, a small assignment and a final interview with team leads. All hiring steps are done remotely.
We’d love to hear from you! Apply through our online form and include a short cover letter, your resume, and any examples of relevant work that can help us better understand your social media experience.Important - due to a high influx of applications, it might take up to a week or two to get back to you. We're thankful for your patience!WHY ECOSIA?
- What if your job made a real difference in the climate crisis? Join Ecosia and help plant millions of trees where people and ecosystems need them most.- We offer you the opportunity to balance work with other parts of your life. (Flexible working hours, more vacation days than the law requires (30 days/year on a five-day week), two no-meeting days, remote work options).- Moving to Berlin for the first time? We welcome everyone and offer relocation support and visa/work-permit assistance to new employees and their loved ones coming from abroad and within Germany.- We are a team of more than 25 nationalities that includes people from different sexual orientations, ages, races, physical/mental abilities, child/pet/plant parents, and non-traditional backgrounds.- We help you live sustainably through our green benefits, such as subsidized public transport cards, bike inspection, green electricity allowance, etc., depending on your location.- We support your professional growth through monthly learning days, hack days, online and physical library, a 2000€ development allowance per year, continuous feedback, etc., depending on your location. Useful links:
- Want to know what it's like to work for Ecosia?
- Ecosia’s career page
- 10 questions for Ecosia’s Founder and CEO
- Our Manifesto
If you’re living with a disability, illness, and/or neurodiversity or are primary caregivers, feel free to let us know how we can adjust and support your application process. For instance, we can provide different tools, interview formats, or more time for assignments.