We are Sila, a next-generation battery materials company. Our mission is to power the world’s transition to clean energy. To create this future, our team is building a better lithium-ion battery from the inside out today. We engineer and manufacture ground-breaking battery materials that significantly increase the energy density of batteries, while reducing their size and weight. The result? Smaller more powerful batteries that can unlock innovation in consumer devices and accelerate the mass adoption of electric cars to eliminate our dependence on fossil fuels. We're tackling one of the biggest challenges of our time every day, and together we're redefining what's possible. Are you ready to be a part of a team committed to changing the world?
Who You Are
As a Senior Contract Administrator on the Legal team, you will review and operationalize a wide range of contracts, including complex agreements such as construction contracts and financial assistance awards. You will collaborate across the company to ensure appropriate documentation and compliance, as well as develop company policies and procedures.
This role will report to our Head of Legal Operations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work cross-functionally with members of our legal and business teams to prepare, review, negotiate, and amend a wide range of contracts, including contracts related to construction, engineering, equipment development, supply chain management, logistics (shipping and receiving), non-disclosure agreements, material transfer agreements, etc.
- Monitor contractual obligations, performance, and compliance, and additional assessments as needed to provide guidance to stakeholders.
- Work closely with program managers, technical leads, and other company staff to help administer complex agreements such as engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contracts and financial assistance awards (federal grants and cooperative agreements) during the negotiation, active, closeout, and auditing stages, and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Help create and implement company policies and procedures in accordance with various contract and award terms, cost-sharing provisions, and proprietary information provisions, including protecting company intellectual property rights by marking documents.
- Format and submit various documentation via file sharing systems and other web-based tools, including memoranda, technical reports, invention disclosures, and subject invention reports.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of relevant contract administration experience, preferably at a technology company (start-up or highly-technical environment is a plus)
- Fundamental knowledge of contract types and deep understanding of purchasing and supply chain procedures in the context of manufacturing, design, and engineering (experience in government procurement contracting and flow down terms is a plus)
- Excellent contract management skills from initial review to contract closeout, including experience with intellectual property protection and data protection
- Certified Professional Contract Manager (CPCM) certification through NCMA is a plus
- Experience in assisting with the preparation of all documentation required for financial assistance awards (including awards from the US Department of Energy) is a plus
- The ideal candidate should enjoy working cross-functionally with a variety of people and teams, be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, adapt well to changing priorities, employ critical thinking in daily tasks, and be a self-starter
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail; demonstrated proficiency in Google Suite, MS Office (Word & Excel), and Adobe Acrobat (government web-based tools including iEdison is a plus)
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Move long distances (such as from building to building) and be stationary for extended periods of time.
The starting base pay for this role is between $101,500 and $159,750 at the time of posting. The actual base pay within these ranges depends on many factors, such as education, experience, and skills. Base pay is only one part of Sila’s competitive Total Rewards package that can include benefits, perks, equity, and bonuses. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future
Working at Sila
We believe that building a diverse team at Sila helps us amplify our individual talents. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment where good ideas are free to come from anyone. We are proud to celebrate diversity and all qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, national origin, or any other status protected by law.