Why work with us?
We are breaking the boundaries and pushing our commitment in the EVTOL world by Changing the way the world travels. Our mission is powered by pioneers and progress is our prerogative.
Here at Vertical, we are developing the UK’s first fully electric, vertical take-off and landing aircraft (eVTOL), the VX4. With zero-operating emissions. Vertical is transforming the way people travel through offering a faster, safer and greener way to move.
Founded in 2016, Vertical is a leading aerospace and technology company, with the largest global pre-order book with prestigious airline partners such as Virgin Atlantic and American Airlines, and our exceptional partner ecosystem includes the likes of Rolls-Royce and Honeywell.
What success will look like for the Electrical System Test Engineer?
- Gathering test requirements from around the engineering function and determining the best solution to meet the needs, whilst keeping future flexibility into consideration.
- Establish electrical systems specifications for test rigs based on top level aircraft systems requirements, decompose test rigs requirements into technical solutions, to develop the electrical system architecture of a variety of test assets.
- Determination of safety provisions required for test operations, whilst being a role model of the company’s “safety-first” culture.
- Support selection of external partners/suppliers to supply component level test assets ensuring integration and compatibility between suppliers and OEM assets.
- Work closely with suppliers, contractors, technicians and partners to procure, build and commission test rigs on time and quality.
Everything sounds very interesting but how do I know this is the role for me?
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant Engineering field (Electrical/Aerospace etc)
- At least 5 years' experience in a high-tech engineering environment (Aerospace, automotive)
- A demonstrable electrical engineering background with previous experience of working in a high voltage environment, (AP/SAP qualification is a plus)
- Solid background to define and test HV DC electrical components (HV fuses, contactors, DC/DC converters, battery simulators, circuit protections, monitoring/command circuits.
- A detailed understanding of electric motor/drive and high power/voltage powertrain equipment is desirable.
- Experienced with typical industrial panel-building methods and control equipment (safety relays, PLCs, VSDs, signal conditioners etc.) would be highly desirable.
- Knowledge of various types of instrumentation for rigs (strain gauges, accelerometers, thermocouples, etc) knowing their limitations and associated best practises.
- Experienced in validation and verification of complex, high-reliability systems in aerospace or related industry. Knowledge of SAE-ARP-4754A is a plus.
What can you expect from us? For us it is important that people feel valued for the impact they have and are able to thrive and experience the career journey of a lifetime. Our overall approach to reward seeks to offer competitive packages that attract the diverse and talented people we need to achieve our ambitious objectives
Our Vertical Additional Benefits
‘Primary Benefits’ are available as standard, 5% Pension Match, 2 x Salary Life Insurance, Income Protection, 26 days + bank holiday and the opportunity for extra 5 days when getting married or forming a civil partnership
‘Flex Fund Benefits’ are benefits that don’t come as standard, but you can ‘pay’ for using a company provided ‘Flex Fund’ (equal to 4% of salary) Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, EV Car Subscription, Home EV Charger, Holiday Buy, Pension Top Up, and many more
- ‘Payroll benefits’ Workplace ISA, Commuter Loan, Interest Free Technology Loans
- ‘Extra benefits’ are the many benefits we offer that can be accessed through our rewards platform, incl. Discounted Shopping Scheme, Eye Care Benefits, Free Mortgage Advice, Financial and Comprehensive Wellness Benefits
Eligibility to participate in our market leading employee long-term-incentive plan
Our Ways of Working In the UK we have two offices and a Battery facility in Bristol, an office in London and a site in Kemble with well stocked free kitchen provisions including hot drinks, fruit and breakfasts every weekday. Our typical full time working week is 37.5 hours. We recognise the world of work is rapidly evolving and that 9-5 is no longer a fitting pattern for many. We want to support all employees to deliver their roles to the best possible standard by offering an additional level of flexibility between our sites and home where suitable for your role. Typically, this is agreed with your team, ensuring there are times for collaboration on site and work from home as appropriate.
Do you like the look of this opportunity but not sure if you meet all the criteria we’ve outlines? Here at Vertical, we are working to create an environment of growth, diversity and opportunities for people to take on challenges and push the status quo.
We understand some people may not apply to jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure... we'd love to hear from you.
This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.