The energy industry is undergoing the largest transformation since industrialisation at an unprecedented rate of change and we are positioning ourselves to be at the heart of that change. Our aim is to be the leading global provider of solutions that enable customers to release £30bn of value per annum from distributed energy resources (DERs). We are building a Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription business with a global addressable market of £2.4 billion per annum, by digitally connecting hundreds of thousands of DERs with energy markets.We have already attained a market leading position and KrakenFlex is a recognised thought leader and innovator in the industry. Our efforts have not gone unnoticed and we are pleased to announce that we now have the full support and backing of Octopus Energy, an award-winning UK energy supplier who share our passion and values.
What you'll do
- Support the Senior Commercial Analyst with market forecasting for UK Power Trading and Ancillary Service markets
- Attend energy industry regulatory meetings and feeding back updates to aid product development
- Generate commercial revenue modelling for our customer looking to trade Behind-the-Meter and Front-of-Meter assets
- Carry out market analysis and trends on market prices.
- Support and educate New Business and Account Management leads with industry insights and updates
- Offer technical sales support for tender responses and product demonstrations
- Prepare and present market insights and company performance reports defining action plans to improve our levels of service and delivery.
- Work with all functions within KrakenFlex to ensure that the customer is at the heart of what we do and every decision we make has the customer in mind
- Work with management and executive teams to develop our customer proposition, ensuring value creation for the business and outstanding satisfaction for the customer
What you'll need
- Ability to model complex financial scenarios using tools such as Excel and Python
- Knowledge either academic or industry based of UK energy markets
- Comfortable presenting models, industry insights etc. to senior stakeholders
- Experience with writing formal white papers and/or academic literature
- Proven success in delivering an outstanding customer experience
- Ability to engender a high level of confidence from the senior leadership team
- Degree with mathematics focus such as science, mathematics or engineering
- Excel (Advanced), Python (Basic/Intermediate)
- Excellent communication skills showing the ability to summarise complex problems and recommend concise plans of action
- Able to demonstrate significant aptitude for presentation and communication of product value and benefits
- Effective risk management and negotiation skills - able to balance competing demands for resource to ensure best overall outcome
- A proven ability to build relationships at every level of large organisations, especially the c suite.
- Eye for detail, with a very clear and organised approach to account management and delivery
It would be great if you had
- Relevant experience either full time or as internship related to energy (e.g. energy supplier, DNO, OFGEM, National Grid etc)
- Knowledge of energy trading
- Knowledge of ancillary services
- Knowledge of energy storage and renewable asset generation
Why else you'll love it here
Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
Ideally you will be based in the Greater Manchester and happy to come into the office a couple of days per week! But we appreciate that things have changed and flexibility is at the top of everyone's agenda, so if you would rather be remote please let us know. If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.