The energy industry is undergoing the largest transformation since industrialisation at an unprecedented rate of change and we are positioning ourselves to be at the heart of that change.
Our aim is to be the leading global provider of solutions that enable customers to release £30bn of value per annum from distributed energy resources (DERs). We are building a Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription business with a global addressable market of £2.4 billion per annum, by digitally connecting hundreds of thousands of DERs with energy markets.
We have already attained a market leading position and KrakenFlex is a recognised thought leader and innovator in the industry. Our efforts have not gone unnoticed and we are pleased to announce that we now have the full support and backing of Octopus Energy, an award-winning UK energy supplier who share our passion and values.
What you'll do
- Develop and document software architecture specifications
- Design, develop, test and maintain embedded software using C programming language on linux
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and implement software requirements using software architecture best practices
- Develop, maintain and optimize embedded Linux software and kernel using Yocto
- Troubleshoot and debug software issues on hardware platforms
What you'll need
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science/ Computer Engineering,
- Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in embedded systems development, with a focus on C programming
- Experience with Linux and Yocto embedded Linux distribution
- Experience with Python and bash
- Experience with software architecture best practices
- Experience with version control and software development tools (e.g. Git, JIRA)
- Experience with MQTT, Protobuf, IEC 60870-5-104, rest api
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with security of embedded system
- Experience with bluetooth
Why else you'll love it here
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.