The energy industry is undergoing the largest transformation since industrialisation at an unprecedented rate of change and we are positioning ourselves to be at the heart of that change. Our aim is to be the leading global provider of solutions that enable customers to release £30bn of value per annum from distributed energy resources (DERs). We are building a Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription business with a global addressable market of £2.4 billion per annum, by digitally connecting hundreds of thousands of DERs with energy markets.We have already attained a market leading position and KrakenFlex is a recognised thought leader and innovator in the industry. Our efforts have not gone unnoticed and we are pleased to announce that we now have the full support and backing of Octopus Energy, an award-winning UK energy supplier who share our passion and values.
What you'll do
- Be part of the device segment engineering team and act as one of the senior embedded system expertsfor designingour next product range
- Analyze product requirements and specify the embedded system as well as the firmware architecture accordingly
- Participate in signal processing implementation for metering and logical process in relation with electrical grid operation
- Participate in BSP integration and remote update management
- Own the documentation and propose industrial testing procedure
- Apply DevOps methodology in a scrum ecosystem
- Working closely with other technical field (electronics, mechanical, test, research, subcontractors) to support ongoing design task of the project
What you'll need
- Demonstrated experience in embedded system development in industrial environment with successful project track records
- Minimum 5+ years of experiences in a similar position
- Studied industrial embedded system development part of a Master or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Able to deal with electronics engineering for combined objectives
- Demonstrated experience with DSP, ARM Cortex family and system-on-module like NXP iMX8M
- Experience in validation and verification of software system
- Excellent knowledge of Embedded Linux, U-Boot and build tools (YOCTO, Buildroot)
- Excellent knowledge of C, C++ and versioning tools (Git)
- Strong interest and experience in signal processing related to electrical metrology
- Experience in electrical metrology with a good knowledge of IEC 61557-12 and IEC 62586-1 product standard is a plus
- Good knowledge of python and Matlab is a plus
- Knowledge of RTOS is a plus
- Strong organizational and methodological mindset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English and French)
Why else you'll love it here
Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
Ideally you will be based in the Greater Manchester and happy to come into the office a couple of days per week! But we appreciate that things have changed and flexibility is at the top of everyone's agenda, so if you would rather be remote please let us know. If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.