The sustainable energy future depends on every megawatt-hour generated being intelligently managed to match the energy demand. Entrix is a Munich-based start-up, our intelligence enables the energy transition and unlocks the full value of flexible energy assets such as large batteries.
And therefore, we need you: An impact driven, ambitious and committed team player who shares our vision and values. It will be your mission to develop the features of our solution that transitions the energy system to become intelligent, flexible and finally sustainable.
- Location: Munich, Germany
- Employment Type: Full-Time or Part-Time, indefinite term
- Salary Range: € 88.000 - 115.000 per year gross depending on the seniority level
- Working Mode: Hybrid (min 3 days in the office, 2 days remote) + Workation up to 3 weeks / year
- Language Requirement: C1 Level English
- Research, develop, and adapt algorithms that unlock the capacity in the energy system through optimized returns in trading the flexibility of our assets
- Create data science solutions that solve business challenges through well engineered, elegant technical answers (focus on software)
- Advance our product development roadmap and help scaling our solutions to further applications expanding the reach of our solution
- Foster technical excellence, drive best practices contribute to our open, data driven engineering culture
- Building, iterating, deploying and maintaining code from scratch to excellence
- 5+ years experience in a quantitative Data Science role, preferably in the energy sector or a leading tech firm or start-up
- Expert in Python
- You hold a degree in mathematics, statistics, informatics, computer science or a similar field
- You have developed creative solutions to real-world problems
- You have experience with building machine learning solutions to practical problems, and implemented it in an operative application environment
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills
- You enjoy solving problems and sparring ideas in a cross-functional team with our battery engineers, software engineers, product managers and business developers
Skills to Set You Apart
- Experience with optimisation problems
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience with putting complex algorithms into production
- Work experience in the energy industry
At Entrix, we are committed to diversity - of backgrounds and experiences. You don’t need 100% of the preferred qualifications to add incredible value to our team. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
- Professional Development: Annual development budget of 3,000 € for coachings, trainings, books, etc.
- Health & Sport Subsidy: Company subsidised sports facilities membership
- Public Transportation Subsidy: Monthly subsidy to your public transport ticket
- Lunch/Dinner Allowance Vouchers: Allowance for meals on working days as digital meal vouchers
- Work Equipment: Mac Book or Windows Laptop, iPhone (also for private use) and ergonomic workplace
- Regular Team Events: Knowledge Sessions, Afterwork, Sports, Offsites, Halloween, Pride Month, etc.
- Flexible Work Setup: An office at the heart of Munich and possibility to work from home
A Short Note from Your Future Lead
Sébastien Schikora - Chief Technology Officer
I'm Sebastien Schikora, serving as the CTO at Entrix since June 2022. My diverse career journey has provided me with a range of experiences with a deep dive in the energy industry and the functioning of the grid specifically. In the last years, I was:
- CTO at KONUX from September 2018 to April 2022, where I played a pivotal role in shaping the company's tech landscape and products.
- Sr. Manager at Tesla from November 2015 to July 2018, leading the development of energy storage systems and mobile apps.
- Vice President of Product Development at Networked Energy Services (NES) Corporation from October 2014 to November 2015, launching a new company and product line in the grid digitalization space.
- At Echelon Corporation, I held various roles over six years, including Director of Product Management and Development in the Grid Modernization Division.
- Before my endeavors in the Energy Industry I was working for Hewlett Packard in the Enterprise Software group for a little over 10 years.
I'm all about pushing the boundaries of technology and driving progress in our industry. I spent the majority of my career in the Silicon Valley in California and apply a lot of the methods and drive to my workplace here in Munich. Our team is the basis of our success, and I'm dedicated to fostering a collaborative, innovative and goal driven work environment.
If you're ready to be a part of our international crew and share our vision for groundbreaking tech solutions, I encourage you to explore opportunities within our organization.
Thanks for considering joining us, and I look forward to the possibility of working together to achieve remarkable things.
Your contact person is Müge Arslantürk (Head of People).
If you have any questions, feel free to send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to receiving your application!