Agreena is an exciting, dynamic and purpose-oriented organisation united in a mission to drive impact for farmers and the climate. While we’re rooted in agriculture, finance and technology, our team of experts range from soil carbon scientists and software developers to market strategists and regulatory affairs experts. More than 30 nationalities are gathered under the common Agreena flag – either working from our headquarters in Copenhagen or remotely across Europe.
Agreena provides solutions that drive both environmental and financial sustainability. Within the last year alone, we have helped farmers across 13 countries in their conversion journey to regenerative farming practices. Our company offers a supportive and positive work environment with opportunities for learning, leading and growth no matter where you are in your professional journey. We believe in giving our employees a lot of responsibility, and we encourage new thinking, innovation and fun.And this is where you come in:
As a Standards Specialist you will support the alignment of the Agreena Program with our existing carbon standards, and support the development of new initiatives to future standards. We are looking for someone who has a background in carbon markets and international standards. This person will have a knowledge of climate, environmental or carbon standards, measurement or programs combined with an ability to communicate and effectively include this knowledge in the Agreena Program. An ideal candidate is mission-driven, with a deeply rooted ambition to strengthen the role of carbon programs and ensure a solid basis for carbon markets to thrive in future.
The Agreena Program team investigates the science required for on farm activity and data measurement that can support verification by independent standards. The team comprises the Science, Standards and Program & Data Operations groups. You will be a part of the Program team which is focused on Standards and will be working closely with colleagues to ensure Agreena methodologies meet international carbon standards.
How will you make an impact:
- Ensuring successful alignment of Agreena methodologies to international carbon standards;
- Building and utilise industry networks to support accurate and evidence-based reports required by third parties;
- Investigating future potential standards that support business goals for growth and expansion;
- Building strong links with your colleagues working on the scientific methodologies, modelling, statistical analysis, and data collection;
- Supporting the execution of best in class monitoring, reporting and verification techniques and ensure they are being implemented throughout;
- Project manage interactions with third parties and across the Agreena team to ensure success on achieving the standards;
- Collaborating with the wider Agreena teams to translate your research into activities and logic that can be rolled out at farm level and through our IT infrastructure;
- Overseeing and collaborate on projects to collect and analyse essential data to strengthen the carbon programme using our farm portfolio and international research.
Who we’re looking for:
- 3 years minimum proven experience working with international carbon standards with a focus on organic carbon capture (agriculture focus is a plus);
- Minimum Masters degree in Policies, International Studies, Carbon Science, or other relevant discipline;
- Attention to detail with the ability to produce well-presented, error-free results;
- Proactive mindset that is willing to identify problems and seek solutions on their own initiative;
- Fluency in English.
Bonus points if you:
- Have scientific knowledge of research and relevant literature in carbon and soil science with focus in the agricultural and agroforestry sectors;
- Have experience in data analytics;
- Have excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Are passionate about collaborating with different teams.
What’s in it for you:
🌍 Be your best-self everyday at Agreena
- A unique opportunity to join and help shape a fast-growing tech scale up with the determination and ambitious mission to reverse climate change;
- A truly global environment where you can collaborate and socialise with diverse and passionate colleagues;
- Competitive compensation package and holidays;
- Remote work policy;
- Team events throughout the year;
- An exciting purpose-led culture and mission;
- Open communication and supportive feedback culture.
At Agreena we are devoted to building an environment that promotes equality, inclusion, and diversity. We are on the path towards expansion and growth so with that, we believe everyone’s uniqueness should be celebrated and embraced to help us achieve this exciting journey. This is critical to our success and innovation. We want to build a product that is loved by our customers and we want the same to be reflected in our teams.
With this in mind, we are working to ensure Agreena remains a diverse and inclusive environment for everyone.