Comgy is an ambitious Berlin-based start-up in the field of energy / proptech and currently has a vacancy as a Backend Developer (Ruby)!
We move and we are moved by the generational topic of climate protection. If you also want to make a difference and have a desire to work with purpose, then you are exactly right with us!
- You implement highly scalable solutions with state-of-the-art technologies together with our team
- You build and maintain different products and microservices that will run on cloudbased hosting environments as well as physical gateways
- You build and maintain our APIs, infrastructures and data pipeline
- You write clean code, automatically test and continuously deploy it
- You are eager to learn new technologies that will improve our products and development flow
OUR PERFECT MATCH
- You have a B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or similar
- You have 2+ years of work experience in web development and software engineering (preferably Ruby)
- You are highly interested in learning new technologies (Elixir, GraphQL or similar) and providing or implementing suggestions for improvements where applicable
- You bring experience with stream processing and / or message-driven architectures (e.g. Kafka, Cassandra, Spark) in production environment as well as with Agile Development, Git, BDD/TDD
- You have very good communication skills and full proficiency in English (nice to have: a (limited) working proficiency in German)
- You have an entrepreneurial drive to create successful products
- You are constantly interested in improving things and proactively bring in your own new ideas
- You value transparency, friendly interaction and diversity just as much as we do!
- You are a team player and fun to work with :)
- You come from a time zone ±1 h
- A job with purpose: working on a socially very meaningful topic (more energy transparency, clear CO₂ savings, fair billing of energy costs).
- A young and performance-oriented team in an innovative, ambitious company
- First-hand insights and co-design options in building a Start-up, that will soon also find its way into other European countries
- Freedom to design and use the latest technologies where relevant (“Best tool for the job” approach)
- Stay on top of current industry trends and join tech conferences to present your work, and meet-ups all around the globe
- Fair compensation with the opportunity to quickly take on more responsibility and move up within the company
- Hybrid working model with the option of remote and mobile work in order to allow room for your individual preferences
- In addition to 5 days of educational leave per year, we also offer further internal training and regular knowledge exchange
- Company pension scheme
- Urban Sports Club membership or become1-account with a variety of perks & benefits
- An office in the heart of Berlin (Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg) incl. a good supply of drinks, fruit, muesli and snacks :)
Sounds good, but not for you?
Feel free to spread the word. There is a €1000 referral bonus
for referrals that lead to employment.
Please note that for this position it is obligatory to include a cover letter.
Start: immediately – Job type: full-time, on site or remote – Location: Berlin Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg – Timezone: ±1 h
No suitable job found, but area Software Engineering sounds interesting? Then feel free to apply on your own initiative!