Comgy digitizes the measurement, visualization and billing of heat, water and electricity consumption in real estate. ...View Company Profile
JOIN US! Comgy is an ambitious Berlin-based start-up in the field of energy / proptech and currently has a vacancy as a Senior Software Engineer (Ruby)!
We move and we are moved by the generational topic of climate protection. If you also want to make a difference and have a desire to work with purpose, then you are exactly right with us!
- You implement highly scalable solutions with state-of-the-art technologies together with our team
- You are responsible for continuously improving our architecture by applying best practices and suitable design principles
- You write clean code, automatically test and continuously deploy it
- You are eager to learn new technologies that will improve our products and development flow
- You help designing, modelling and improving a system that goes beyond simple CRUD operations and has complex business requirements with APIs serving frontend, mobile apps and external partner’s integrations
OUR PERFECT MATCH
- You have a B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or similar
- You have 4+ years of work experience in software engineering
- You bring experience in designing, maintaining and managing complex (Ruby on Rails) apps
- You have an outstanding knowledge of software and application design and architecture (e.g. Domain-driven design, SOLID)
- You are highly interested in learning new technologies (Elixir, GraphQL or similar) and providing or implementing suggestions for improvements where applicable
- You bring experience with Agile Development, Git, CI/CD and Cloud deployments
- You have very good communication skills and full proficiency in English (German is a nice to have)
- You are constantly interested in improving things and proactively bring in your own new ideas
- You value transparency, friendly interaction and diversity just as much as we do!
- You are a team player and fun to work with :)
- You come from a time zone ±1 h
- A job with purpose: working on a socially very meaningful topic (more energy transparency, clear CO₂ savings, fair billing of energy costs).
- A young and performance-oriented team in an innovative, ambitious company
- First-hand insights and co-design options in building a Start-up, that will soon also find its way into other European countries
- High impact on technical decisions and freedom to design and use the latest technologies where relevant (“Best tool for the job” approach)
- Insights into a wide variety of technical topics such as data analytics, stream processing, IoT, modern iOS app development, database optimizations, infrastructure scaling, etc.
- Fair compensation with the opportunity to quickly take on more responsibility and move up within the company / Varied role with the opportunity to quickly take on more responsibility and move up within the company
- Hybrid working model with the option of mobile work in order to allow room for your individual preferences
- In addition to 5 days of educational leave per year, we also offer further internal training and regular knowledge exchange
- Company pension scheme
- Urban Sports Club membership or become1-account with a variety of perks & benefits
- An office in the heart of Berlin (Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg) incl. a good supply of drinks, fruit, muesli and snacks :)
REFERRAL Sounds good, but not for you?
Feel free to spread the word. There is a €1000 referral bonus
for referrals that lead to employment. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
lease note that for this position it is obligatory to include a cover letter.
Start: immediately – Job type: full-time, on site or remote – Location: Berlin Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg – Timezone: ±1h
No suitable job found, but area Software Engineering sounds interesting? Then feel free to apply on your own initiative!