Make Impossible Possible in New Space - Join ICEYE
Hiring Model: WAH/ Hybrid/ On-site
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
About the role:
As a System Engineer (Kubernetes), your job is to make sure that our on-premise Kubernetes clusters and products running on it are configured and maintained so that downtime is minimized, security is ensured and SLAs are met.
For example, a customer might want to utilize their own existing ground station network to have the data downlinked to and processed on-premise. How do we ensure fast recovery from incidents and efficient monitoring? How do we configure the different layers of the software stack so they are resilient and highly available? How do we make sure that customer data is safe at any time? These are the kinds of questions that you will help to answer and then, together with the product software teams, deliver and maintain the system at the customer site.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and administration of production-grade Kubernetes clusters
- Automation of deployments on the services level - GitOps approach.
- Participate in designing, implementing, and maintaining our on-premise products.
- Response and management of production incidents.
- Work with the customers to form a mutual understanding of their needs, capabilities and constraints.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers (mostly Software Engineers) to build the features that this customer needs in our product.
- Work with our customer deliveries team to make sure that the system gets delivered and will be maintained.
- These deliveries require you to be very hands-on, e.g. running demos and pilots to meet customer requirements and cooperating with customer’s technical teams, ensuring a successful deployment.
- Right now, you will be one of the first people to take this role in our company. As our business grows, you have the opportunity to affect the role and processes used.
- Strong expertise in maintenance and administration of production-grade Kubernetes clusters
- Expertise in DevOps and CI/CD implementation (deployments automation)
- Experience with Linux system administration in production.
- Understanding of microservice design and architectural patterns
- Experience in coding/scripting for automation (“Infrastructure as Code” -mindset).
- Experience with Configuration Management / Deployment tools
- Experience with orchestration tools – e.g. Hashicorp Terraform, Packer, Ansible
- Experience with logging and monitoring solutions.
- Emphasis of security in your actions.
- Readiness to occasionally visit customer premises around the world.
- Ability to learn quickly both technical and business domains in an ever evolving startup environment.
- Strong English communication skills (our company’s official language is English)
- Ability to explain issues clearly and concisely and establish effective working relationships in a distributed team
- Ability to multitask, shift gears quickly, work independently and collaboratively, adapt easily to shifting priorities, process changes, and schedule changes
- Readiness to participate in an on-call rotation providing 24-hour, 7-day support and off-hours maintenance windows
- Being Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) will be a plus
- Hands-on experience with VMWare virtualization.
- Good general understanding of software development practices (e.g. The Twelve Factor App).
- Quality Assurance skills.
- A background in earth observation, satellites or ground stations.
- Experience with Storage arrays administration
- Experience with VMware vSAN administration
- Experience with cabling for industrial/rugged deployments
- Experience with networks administration and common network protocols will be a plus
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, tourism, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation agency support etc.)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Polish and English lessons
- Occupational healthcare and life insurance
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity& inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Privacy Notice to Job Applicant
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE’s policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.