SecondCircle makes carbon negative chemicals for a cleaner future. We are the first carbon negative chemical manufacturer that can scale to meet global demand. The best thing about it: we use carbon dioxide as a feedstock. We have raised over $50m to date from top venture capital investors as well as in grant funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 programme. We are a growing team of experienced scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs from the DTU, Stanford, MIT (and more) who are passionate about revolutionizing the chemical industry. Join us in the fight against climate change.
What you’ll do
Together with the Fermentation team you will drive the optimization and upscaling of our CO2-to-chemical process. Your work will be pivotal in making our process the go-to technology for green chemical manufacturing.
- Running, controlling, and optimizing continuous gas fermentation processes on small to large scale
- Improving the understanding of the process by smart experimental design and data analysis
- Formulating strategies for upscaling the process from lab-scale to commercial scale
- Processing, reporting, and presenting results
- Coordinating collaborations with the other teams, with contract research organizations, and project partners
- Developing standard operating procedures
- Ensuring that deadlines are met
- Providing guidance and coaching to technicians
- Contributing to patent filing
- Relevant education (PhD degree or MSc with subsequent work experience) in Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology or a related field
- Practical experience with microbial cultivation and microbial fermentation
- Proven ability in interpreting scientific data
- Solid understanding of statistics
- An open-mind and positive attitude to achieve results as a team
- Getting-things-done attitude
- Hands-on experience with gas fermentation
- Experience with (online) gas analysis (GC-MS)
- Industrial expertise with scale-up of fermentation processes
- Experience with cultivation of non-standard microorganisms
- A knack for meaningful data visualization
What we promise you?
- You get to work with a group of passionate scientists, working on challenging and meaningful projects
- This will be the journey of a lifetime – we are serious about our mission to reduce over 1 gigaton of CO₂ and you can play a pivotal role in making that happen
- An inclusive, empowering and engaging work environment
- We understand that relocating can be a hassle, so if you don't live in Denmark, we will help out to give you a smooth transition
If you have questions regarding the role, we would love to hear from you. Feel free to reach out at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.